FIRE TENDERS APPLICATION
: The WE Immersion is a 1, 2 or 3-year journey. You are applying for the 2nd Year—Fire Tenders. Thank you for applying, and for your commitment to this important and meaningful work. We look forward to receiving your application!
SAVE AND CONTINUE
: This application may take as much as an hour to complete. We strongly encourage you to save your work in a separate document as you go or through the "Save and Continue Later" link at the bottom of the form pages. Click that link, and you will be prompted to enter an email address at which you will receive a personalized link to continue your work whenever is convenient for you (within 30 days). You will receive a new link each time you save. If you have any technical issues with the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to fill out the application in word, or print and fill out by hand, please contact
to receive a digital copy of the application
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Date of Birth
What are your gender pronouns?
The following space is intended for any identity info that you would like to share
Weaving Earth is committed to playing an active role in the disruption and dismantling of systems of oppression. We are committed to doing this work within ourselves, within our organization and within all of our programs. We are doing our best to engage these topics and we also have much to learn, improve upon and deepen. We are seeking participants who are willing and wanting to do this important work together, in community, guided by nature. If this kind of work is not something you are willing to commit deeply to, we appreciate your honesty, and nevertheless the WE Immersion is not the appropriate program for you at this time
To confirm you have read this statement, and to continue with the application
Save and Continue Later
1) The Fire Tenders track of the WE Immersion is an experiential learning container that is designed to be a transformational journey. As you consider embarking on an experience such as this, we ask you to write a Letter of Intent (LOI). In this letter, which is the centerpiece of the Fire Tenders application process, we would like you to describe what calls you to join the program at this time. You could consider this LOI similar to a council share in writing: listen deeply, trust what comes, find your finest words, write (or draw or paint!) from the heart. The LOI is an important contribution, both to yourself and to the program. Please take your time! There is no prescribed length, but we encourage you to discern for yourself if what you upload below is truly representative of your heart, dreams, passions, growth edges, longings, and questions at this time. Additionally, please feel free to bring your personal creativity to this letter. As referenced above, it need not be only writing: paint, draw, collage, sing! In your letter, please include responses to the questions: What is your personal intention for the Fire Tenders track of the WE Immersion? (How do you want to grow from the experience? What ways of being are you hoping to step more fully into?) What most excites you about joining the Fire Tenders program? What makes you nervous or brings up concern? What are you hoping to focus on/dive deeper into?
You can write your Letter of Intent in a Word document and upload it here. Creating a .pdf is also fine. If you'd like to write your letter by hand, please do so! Once you are done, photograph or scan your letter and upload it here as a .pdf or .jpg. Please ask for tech support if needed 🙂
NOTE: Files must be smaller than 256 MB and cannot be the .docx file type. If you are using .docx as your file type, simply click "save as" and choose .doc instead.
Accepted file types: jpg, png, pdf, doc, Max. file size: 256 MB.
In addition to your letter, we ask that you take time to answer the following questions. If you feel you have responded to them in your LOI, great! Just note that here and move on.
2. What insights or questions do you have about the intersections of nature connection, ecological justice, and social justice?
3. Please explain your current personal understanding of the relationship between self-care (tending your inner central fire) and community care (tending the central fire of community):
4. What is your relationship to leadership? What has it taught you about yourself? What questions are you holding about leadership?
Joining the Fire Tenders represents a significant commitment, both in time and energy. In an effort to deepen and enrich your experience, we encourage making connections with people in your extended community who can support you on your journey, witness you in your learning process, and anchor you as needed throughout the year.
5. Who are the people in your life that you will call on for this support? What kind of framework of support exists between you and these people? Please explain. In addition, please let your anchors know about the journey you are embarking upon and ask them for a message of advice, wisdom or counsel to share with the group. Please bring this message from at least one of your anchors to the 2nd/3rd year wilderness trip.
Save and Continue Later
1. How do you plan to finance your participation at the Weaving Earth Immersion? (Select all that apply)
I have sufficient funds to pay in full
I have sufficient funds to pay on a payment plan
I'm getting a loan to help pay for tuition
I'll work during the program to help pay for tuition
I want to apply for a scholarship
I don't know
2. Additional comments or questions on financing
3. I have looked over the 2020/21 course calendar and don't foresee any conflict in my ability to attend the scheduled sessions
to see the online calendar.
4. If there are scheduling conflicts, please explain below:
5. Do you have any medical, physical, or psychological conditions that might influence your ability, or require special adaptation, to complete your training in the program?
6. If you answered 'Yes' to the question above, please explain in the space provided:
7. Is there anything else you would like us to know?
In submitting this form, I certify that to the best of my knowledge that statements I have made in this application are complete and true
Would You Like To Join Our Mailing List?
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Save and Continue Later
DON'T MISS OUT!
Fill in your details and we’ll keep you posted on upcoming WE offerings