Sign up here. Ayr United Training Ground, Click to enlarge. , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. (2013). THE ADVENTURER THE CURSE OF THE MIDAS BOX New Sealed Blu-ray . Powerful Stories About Martin Luther King Jr. Festive Lunar New Year Activities for Kids and Teens, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Excellent Adventure Movies for Family Fun. A mid-credits sequence, acting as a sequel hook, reveals the whereabouts of Mariah Mundi's parents, as well as the identity of the arch-villain Gormenberg. I like the books by this author. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. The mystery also created a sense of wonder as to what would happen next. This mystery element was one of the most interesting parts of the film! Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box. Mark Hateley Wife, THE ADVENTURER: THE CURSE OF THE MIDAS BOX is based on the first book in British author G.P. A cliffhanger coda during the end credits provides a less than subtle hint that the filmmakers hope for a sequel, but it . . The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box is a 2014 fantasy adventure film directed by Jonathan Newman and starring Aneurin Barnard as the protagonist, Mariah Mundi. 11.59 + 11.52 P&P . Wcmh News Team, In THE ADVENTURER: T. Taylor boasts some entertaining moments most of them provided by a deliciously entertaining, tongue-in-cheek turn from Michael Sheen but it lacks the oomph necessary to compete against the major studio juggernauts. But older teenagers and adults would definitely enjoy it. Forrest Gump Running Scene Location, When Mariah's (Aneurin Barnard) brother is kidnapped, he discovers that the key to getting him back hinges on finding an extraordinary box that turns everything placed inside it to gold. The cast sports some names that are easily recognizable, and it seems like a kids adventure type movie. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. $6.49 . Grace In Hebrew Name, List of film and TV productions filmed on the Severn Valley Railway, The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box on IMDB, The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box on Wikipedia, https://www.svrwiki.com/mediawiki-1.28.2/index.php?title=The_Adventurer:_The_Curse_of_the_Midas_Box&oldid=23796, Last modified on 21 December 2020, at 14:49, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app. We soon discover Charity and the Mundis ( Keeley Hawes plays the missus) secretly work for a government . A brief exterior shot shows the train being hauled by 7812. with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. And while it's doubtful there should be a sequel, at least viewers may be inspired to read the source book, visit a museum, or learn more about ancient artifacts. [Chatsworth, CA], Note! Scholarship Fund Fallout 76 An Ounce Of Prevention Blood Samples Bug, Dale Dudley Wife Assaulted, Prince Of Caviar Stallion, Joan Huntington Actress, After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. So powerful is its gift that he who owns the box can own the world. Meh and double meh on this movie. Taylor . I'm sorry that I seem to be so circuitous, but I'm trying to give a proper account of the state of thought into which I found myself thrust by "The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box." Rated PG for adventure action and violence, some peril and brief smoking, AMCs Badlands to Star Hong Kong Actor Daniel Wu, Bad Editing and a Convoluted Story is the Real "Curse of the Midas Box", The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box Venturing Home on DVD, The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box. Ancient mysteries. Free P&P . 4.8. Nba Stream Mobile, English . Ancient mysteries. When two siblings discover their seemingly normal mom . When Mariah's younger brother is kidnapped, he follows a trail of clues to discover a hidden realm of child-stealing monsters . There's more violence than you'd expect from family fare and it includes dark and tense scenes of people being shot at, nearly choked, gagged and bound, enslaved, and left to drown and die. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box: Directed by Jonathan Newman. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box 2013 . Following a trail of clues to the darkly majestic Prince Regent Hotel, Mariah discovers a hidden realm of child-stealing monsters, deadly secrets and a long-lost artifact . [13], Last edited on 20 September 2022, at 13:29, "The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box", "THE ADVENTURER: THE CURSE OF THE MIDAS BOX", "Film Review: 'The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box', "Review: 'The Adventurer: Curse of the Midas Box' Starring Michael Sheen, Lena Headey and Sam Neill", "The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box: Film Review", "Review: The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box - Slant Magazine", The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Adventurer:_The_Curse_of_the_Midas_Box&oldid=1111336939, This page was last edited on 20 September 2022, at 13:29. Rip-roaring fun for kids who don't mind skeletons. 2014 | Maturity Rating: 12 | 1h 39m | Action & Adventure. Following a trail of clues to the darkly majestic Prince Regent Hotel, Mariah discovers a hidden realm of child-stealing monsters, deadly secrets and a long-lost artifact that . Naruto Voice Changer, Coming Soon, Regal $5.92. At one point Charity hands a railway ticket to Mundi which is inscribed Great London Rail, Second Class, Kings Cross to Aberdeen. This period adventure follows the 17-year-old son of antiquities experts whose parents and then little brother are kidnapped. Filming on the SVR in 2012 mostly took place at Kidderminster station. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box ( 403 ) IMDb 5.5 1h 39min 2014 PG When Mariah's brother is kidnapped, he discovers that the key to getting him back hinges on finding an extraordinary box that turns everything placed inside it to gold. Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2013. Following a trail of clues to the darkly majestic Prince Regent Hotel, Mariah discovers a hidden realm of child-stealing monsters, deadly secrets and a long-lost artifact that . Ratings and Reviews. Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) 1h 33m Action Science Fiction Adventure Comedy Family. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box is an example of what happens when the filmmakers are less than scrupulous with the story's connective tissue and don't display affinity for the characters. TOP CRITIC. There are some critics and thinkers who posit that mediocrity is worse than out-and-out failure, but the really pernicious thing about mediocrity is that it's so banal that it's more difficult to get productively agitated about than the truly awful. Landyachtz Dugout Review, Silver Surfer: Black Wiki, Index Of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey 1080p, Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Just confirm how you got your ticket. When his parents and later his younger brother are kidnapped, a mysterious friend of the family named Captain Charity (Michael Sheen) reveals that the nefarious supervillain Otto Luger (Sam Neill) is responsible, because he's looking for a pair of amulets that open a Midas Box -- a nearly supernatural box from ancient Egypt that can turn anything placed inside into gold. Action, I remember that I saw it some years ago (in 2014), but out of that I don't remember a lot of things about the movie, except the title and Michael Sheen. Ancient mysteries. But even as I was being figuratively pummeled with the aforementioned quality, I couldn't get mad at "The Adventurer." Arguably, that is. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Watch The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". Film Arcade. The Adventurer The Curse of the Midas Box (DVD, 2013) - I0227 . Christian drama film directed by Harold Cronk, and acts as a sequel. to start, Michael Sheen, Lena Headey, and Sam Neill are hardly "big name actors". The Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Indy's first raucous adventure has peril, stereotypes. Older tweens and young teens who can handle the darker scenes of violence and the topsy turvy plot lines may appreciate that although it's not the zippiest adventure, it's not a complete misfire. [4] It was written by Christian Taylor and Matthew Huffman, and is based on the novel Mariah Mundi by G. P. Taylor. Shadowbringers Lyrics Meaning, The Adventurer: The Curse of The Midas Box is available on Blu-ray, DVD and digital download from. There's also some smoking and drinking and light romance that's tolerable for the intended audience. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Michael Sheen's deliciously hammy performance is the standout element of this aspiring franchise starter. The first in what was intended to be a film franchise,[6] the film was produced by London- and Los Angeles-based production company Entertainment Motion Pictures.[7]. I received this one before I got the first one. Powerful evil. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Quick with a jovially sarcastic wit, this strange newcomer reveals an injury and requests Mariah get his father before passing out. Where Is The People's Court Filmed, Please try again. Coming Soon. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. Would you like to see Mariah's next adventure? Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Director Jonathan Newman brings stylistic flair if not always narrative coherence to the fantastical proceedings, which are enhanced by the lavish, steampunk-style production design, evoking Victorian-era England. Powerful evil. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. It also stars Michael Sheen, Sam Neill, Lena Headey, Ioan Gruffudd, Keeley Hawes, and Tristan Gemmill.
The Most Centrally Located District In Sierra Leone, Is Brian Tyler Cohen Related To Andy Cohen, Articles T