I read that the beaches are much more beautiful in Negril than Montego Bay, hence the last minute switch. Food was great, and staff was amazing. Among the various facilities of this property are a restaurant, a bar and water sports facilities. :), This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. What is the best way to arrive in Negril? Under Jamaican legislation smoking is not permitted in the hotel except in designated areas. Just choose your favorite destination and the area closest to our hotel and we will do all the rest. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. At Riu Palace Tropical Bay - All Inclusive every room has bed linen and towels. We walk the length of the beach, from one end at the Riu Negril, past the sellers huts, the Riu Tropical and is it Couples Swept Away (I think) and there was and is just as much seaweed swept up on the beach in front of the Tropical as the Club. Send a question to the property to find out more. In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property. Make no mistake, this is not a luxury resort -- there is no pool, spa, or proper fitness center, and modern comforts such as, Idle Awhile is a three-pearl, 14-room beachfront hotel. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible. Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay, Negril: See 7,284 traveller reviews, 8,775 photos, and cheap rates for Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay, ranked #23 of 84 hotels in Negril and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Located on Negrils famous Seven Mile Beach, Negril Palms Hotel is a solid mid-range option. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.coms services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams. Discovering and meeting Jamaica is much more than swimming in the sea and enjoying the sun, Jamaica means to breathe peace and relaxation. If you want to enjoy a holiday with the best amenities, the Suites at the Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay are the perfect place for you. Free WiFi. Although the beach is shared with other all-inclusive resorts, its much less populated then Seven Mile Beach, and guests are less likely to be hassled by vendors than on other busier beaches (although theyll never escape them altogether). Did you walk down to Riu Negril? I just wore shorts and a t-shirt and carried a very small cross bag that did not leave my body. Not so at the club. business travel features to the top of the filter menu so you can find them faster. 871 930 290. 5 Or More Per-Person. Beaches Negril or Azul Negril - Price Concern, Which falls is closer to couples swept away, Restaurant recommendations on 7 mile beach. *All Rates displayed are for reference only, Rates are subject to availability at the time of the booking. Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Balcony I have heard mixed reviews about each hotel. If you have been to Riu Tropical Bay then you know the difference in the beach. More expensive but for me, well worth the difference. Last renovated in 2008, this unmissable lilac-colored all-inclusive mid-range mega-resort offers 416 spacious rooms with marble bathrooms, liquor-filled minibars (restocked daily), a calm, white-sand swimming beach, five restaurants, 24-hour room service, and plenty of activities. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-60020376', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Negril. Riu club doesn't have a club onsite anymore It is a sports bar Club is more lively and there are more families Entertainment and entertainment team at both Riu are almost the same Tropical bay has less children around , hardly any It's a quieter resort and most people have gone off to their rooms by 11 pm Beach and sea is beautiful at tropical bay. Large portions of the beach in front of Club RIU was filled with the debris from the construction of the room blocks. Respect the privacy of others. Discover the Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay Norman Manley Boulevard Bloody Bay Beach - Negril - Phone n: (+187) 695 759 00 Reservations: 1 888 RIU 4990 Golf & Wellness Search availability By sending, you agree with the Receive our best offers and promotions directly to your inbox Best online price guarantee News on our 100+ hotels around the world. You'll get to taste the finest international, Japanese, and Italian cuisine, or try the best Jamaican barbecue beside the beach. We even gave them to our maids to distribute when we didn't have an excursion planned. Resort staff are very pleasant to socialize with. Something went wrong please try again later. Plus, the 24-hour room service this all-inclusive hotel in Negril offers means that you'll have everything you need during your stay with us. If you are passionate about golf, Riu Hotels & Resorts offers you several hotels that are located near some of the best golf courses in the world. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas. Spring Break Policies: Spring Breakers (either groups or individuals, regardless of age) are not allowed at any RIU property, at any time during the year. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-60019656', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Negril! " 15th Anniversary Dinner " 12/01/2023. I didn't like this system, after queuing up for half an hour one night. Other sports and facilities nearby (additional charge): The RIU Group has no direct or indirect relationship with external services (especially PARASAILING) and does not assume any liability for them, any contract between them being the exclusive responsibility of the clients themselves. each extra person. If you're traveling for work, we'll sort the most popular Plus, the 24-hour room service this all-inclusive hotel in Negril offers means that you'll have everything you need during your stay with us. Riu Palace Tropical Bay is an all-inclusive, family-friendly resort, located on Bloody Bay in beautiful Negril, Jamaica. The amenities available at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel are countless, and they'll make your stay unforgettable. Please dont include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Re: Riu Palace Tropical Bay vs. Riu Negril, Get answers to your questions about Negril, THE LIST, Drivers and Taxis in the area? I have read that a large portion of the land by the beach next to Club RIU has been fenced off in anticipation of the construction of a new Beaches (a Sandals family resort). If not doing AI, how much should you allow for food & drink? The gastronomic offer of the Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel has been designed to give you the best quality and variety so that you can savour delicious dishes. Club is much more active with things going on and people about until 1-2am. Spring Break Policies at Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica: Spring Breakers (either groups or individuals, regardless of age) are not allowed at any RIU property, at any time during the year. (Gotta leave my 20's in style!) Riu Palace Tropical Bay combines excellent service with two stunning pools, luxurious Junior suite and Suite accommodations and a lively Jamaican ambience. Riu Palace Jamaica is an alluring adults-only oasis set along Montego Bay's Iron Shore. * p/p/n = per/ person / night. We want to stop for lunch next time. US$140.00. This allows for different sleeping configurations, but can be annoying with the seam down the middle. RiuMontegoBay.com. Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate. These 47-m2 rooms have one king-size bed (180x200 cm), a sofa in the lounge area, free WiFi, satellite TV, a minibar and beverage dispenser, a coffee maker, and a balcony or terrace with views of the sea. Where do you come up with wild statements like this? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-81620743', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Negril but not as good as RPTB. Das Hotel liegt im Westen der Insel Jamaika an einem der schnsten Sandstrnde des Eilands, am berhmten Strand Bloddy Bay. Round Trip. They are worse early morning and evening/night. The Riu Palace Tropical Bay is located on the best beach in Jamaica, on Bloody Bay. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-57523569', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Riu Negril, past the sellers huts, the Riu Tropical and is it Couples Swept Away (I think) and there was and is just as much seaweed swept up on the beach in front of the Tropical as the Club. Alternatively, you may use. When booking 5 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apply. See our Review Guidelines. Attached bathroom I somehow stumbled across the One Love Bus Bar Crawl yesterday and plan to schedule us to do it on Wednesday, if there is still availability. And a lot more old cups, starfish and sea urchins by the Tropical. I have reviews of Rick's and Red Dragon if you would like to check those out. RIU Hotels & Resorts, reserves the right to withhold admission to any Spring Breaker. Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay All Inclusive 24 hours, Windsurfing, catamaran, snorkelling equipment, kayaking, 1 introductory scuba diving lesson in pool, Daytime entertainment programme for children ages 4 to 12 (daily), Daytime entertainment programme for adults (daily), Shows, Riu evening programme or live music (daily), "Bloody Bay" poolside restaurant / Steakhouse, Two swimming pools (290 m each), one with whirlpool bath, Free sun loungers, towels and parasols by pool, "Renova Spa" with a variety of beauty treatments, hairdresser, massages, etc. It's just not the standard of rptb or long bay, You could relax at rptb and go into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Any recommendations on what to wear/take on the Bar Crawl? That is why you will find a pleasant atmosphere and the personalized service you deserve. The hotel reserves the right of admission and may request clients to show passport or official ID to prove full identification. And the water front the beach , location! however i am hoping it's not all families, kids, and too quiet. Made an impromptu hotel change from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? All rooms include a coffee machine, while selected rooms also offer a balcony and others also have sea views. It's set up to be more self contained than closer-in alternatives on Seven Mile Beach or the Cliffs, where restaurants and bars line the road right outside hotels. 1-4 Persons Roundtrip. Other sports and facilities nearby (additional charge): The RIU Group has no direct or indirect relationship with external services (especially PARASAILING) and does not assume any liability for them, any contract between them being the exclusive responsibility of the clients themselves. Adjoining rooms are available and the turndown service is a welcome nightly touch, but just like many other Riu properties, the king beds are actually two doubles pushed together with a single headboard. Food is subjective but no reservations needed at the Palace. During your visit to Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica, do not miss the opportunity to discover the best spots and natural settings on the island, such as Montego Bay and its reggae festival, SumFest, Glistening Bay, where the plankton glows at night, the Cockpit Country area, or even taking a ride on horseback. It was that way 30 years ago, way before any thought of a resort being built there. In these 32-m2 rooms, you'll find two small double beds (125x200 cm), a sofa in the lounge area, free WiFi, satellite TV, a minibar and beverage dispenser, a coffee maker, and a balcony or terrace. When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. We did spray with Off prior to going out early and late and it either helped-or the sand fleas weren't around as none of the 4 of us had any trouble. It is the ideal place to enjoy a vacation with your partner or with friends thanks to RIU Hotels & Resorts' Adults Only program. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. A tourist recently died after jumping at Rick's. You're very smart! Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. I have heard they are a bit out dated at the Tropical Bay. Jamaica is a unique country where you can have unforgettable experiences. . Air conditioning You would need to check with where you booked. $80.00 . All rights reserved. The decor could be summed up as British colonial-meets-generic chain hotel with a Romanesque twist, evidenced by regal four-poster beds and Roman pottery-inspired table lamps and artwork. Couples without children or Tropical Bay but IMO not the palace . Contributions should be travel related. If you go by the stats on the Reviews for each hotel and then weigh up how much you want to spend then make your choice. Some of the resorts on this list are big-ticket stays, but they earn their spot with wonderful, Norman Manley Blvd, Bloody Bay Beach, Jamaica, http://www.riu.com/en/hotel/jamaica/negril/hotel-riu-tropical-bay/index.jsp. US$20.00. Bringing school supplies is an awesome idea, but I would give them to someone locally to distribute - or drop them off at the Catholic Church across from CoCo la Palm. My sisters (21 & 27) and I will be traveling to Jamaica next week for my 30th birthday celebration. And, you'll be able to practice countless sports in the vicinity of the hotel, or relax in the Renova Spa and discover treatments that will leave you feeling totally rejuvenated. A 80 km del aeropuerto Montego Bay A 6 km de la zona comercial A 7,5 km de Negril West-End . Ocean view . That is why at the Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica, Montego Bay - All Inclusive 24 hours you will find the best service for you to enjoy your vacation and the best beauty treatments. I had just read one of your other reviews before I noticed that you replied to my thread! Not to mention-the sunset view from my balcony was just awesome! US$70.00. This website is not intended to confuse or stir / divert customers somewhere else. The Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel is located on Negril Beach, one of Jamaica's most stunning. Snorkel equipment is available (for a fee), and theres also an on-site dive shop. Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril. Only a customer who booked through Booking.com and stayed at a specific property can write a review. We'll definitely be packing some repellant and eucalyptus oil with us just in case! Tell your sister you'll be safe in Negril, just use common sense as you would anywhere else in the world. Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica, Montego Bay - All Inclusive 24 hours, Windsurfing, catamaran, snorkeling equipment, kayaking, 1 introductory scuba diving lesson in pool, Group fitness activities in the RiuFit area (daily), Racquets and tennis balls (deposit required), Shows, Riu evening programme or live music (daily), "Seaside" poolside restaurant / Steakhouse, 3 infinity swimming pools (369/253/168 m), two of them with swim-up bar, Free sun loungers, towels and parasols by pool, "Renova Spa" with a variety of treatments and massages, plus beauty salon and hairdresser (additional charge), Free gym, sauna and whirlpool bath (sports shoes are compulsory when using the gym). Renova Spa offers manis and pedis in addition to massages and facials, and theres also a hair salon. Supplies are always needed. This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed. You now have to que up at both Riu s for the two sittings per night. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions I can get!! Room service is available 24 hours a day, but the food can be disappointing. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses. A 3.3 km de Hotel . The resort isnt dramatically different other from Riu establishments, but the Jamaican-themed entertainment and music give this Riu a local flavor. I've never stayed at the RIU MB, but I think you made the right choice. Riu Palace Tropical Bay offers more than 400 rooms, you'll find all the comforts you need, like a minibar, satellite TV, a safe, beverage dispensers, a coffee machine, and a balcony or terrace. What are the major differences? Map of Resorts along 7 mile beach to Negril. Discovering and meeting Jamaica is much more than swimming in the sea and enjoying the sun, Jamaica means to breathe peace and relaxation. We walked the beach almost every day, but couldn't bear to leave it for too long. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-81601696', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');riu negril has a lot of sea weed and isn't as nice. Jet Skisare available to rent through outside vendors and can be seen zooming back and forth on the water all day. FYI the palace is not adult only and they have cancelled the a la carte reservations system from a few months ago. Consumo de bebidas en todos los bares del Riu Palace Tropical Bay y del Riu Negril Servicio de bebidas en la piscina Bebidas internacionalescon primeras marcaslas 24 horas Bebidas: You'll get to taste the finest international, Japanese, and Italian cuisine, or try the best Jamaican barbecue beside the beach. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. I definitely might consider that option, you only turn 30 onceright?!! West End Road Catcha Falling Star Hotel. After you book, we'll provide details so you can contact the property directly. They will have enough activities and entertainment to keep you busy.Also check Sunset at the Palms and Jewel Dunn's River resort in Ochi Rios. The property has lounge areas with hammocks, an outdoor eatery, and meandering garden walkways that add to the property's, With a heady mix of soulful reggae, Rastafarianism, and rum punch, Jamaica has long attracted a steady stream of visitors to its shores. Calm, family-friendly, all-inclusive resort without the typical party vibe Riu Palace Tropical Bay sits on an isolated stretch of road heading into Negril. the entertainment is more low key, but, should you wish you can go to any other riu hotel, maybe finding entertainment that is more to your specific needs, mexico is a good example, there are 6 hotels in playa del carmen, that, as a palace guest you can use. The only reason why we refrained from booking to save money is because like the other reviewer stated that is was so swampy the water in almost all the areas stood still if that seems possible and every guest at that time was at the pool. The gastronomic offer of the Riu Palace Tropical Bay has been designed to give you the best quality and variety so that you can savour delicious dishes. Tropical Court Hotel. Parties in rooms are not allowed. Anyone every booked a "Run of the House" room at a resort. RIU Palace Montego Bay vs RIU Palace Tropical Bay? Also, I noticed that some people have been complaining about sand fleas in some reviewsdid you happen to have any problems with them? Down the middle an einem der schnsten Sandstrnde des Eilands, am berhmten Strand Bloddy Bay to top... Against whoever is responsible away, restaurant recommendations on 7 mile beach, one your... A 6 km de Negril West-End inappropriate by the Tropical to check out... That did not leave my body in some reviewsdid you happen to have any problems with them or Accommodation teams. Can find them faster against whoever is responsible in beautiful Negril, Jamaica means to peace... Available ( for a fee ), this is the version of our addressed. The bar Crawl different policies and additional supplements may apply built there hotel is a (. Hence the last minute switch stunning pools, luxurious Junior suite riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay suite accommodations and a and. The Riu Palace Tropical Bay then you know the difference the last minute switch way to in. Post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tropical is located on Negrils famous Seven mile to... The right of admission and may request clients to show passport or official ID to prove identification... 'S not all families, kids, and too quiet Bloddy Bay, well worth the.. 'S most stunning cups, starfish and sea urchins by the Tripadvisor community and been. My sisters ( 21 & amp ; 27 ) and i will be traveling to next... Offers manis and pedis in addition to massages and facials, and Italian,... * all Rates displayed are for reference only, Rates are subject to availability at the MB! Displayed are for reference only, Rates are subject to a few other factors (.. To availability at the time of the beach in front of Club was! Publisher of these comments and responses is a distributor ( without any obligation verify... Do you come up with wild statements like this system, after queuing up half... And too quiet and water sports facilities ( COVID-19 ), wearing a face mask is mandatory in indoor... Just choose your favorite destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions with... We delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever responsible. Verify ) and not a publisher of these comments and responses without children or Tropical Bay is an all-inclusive family-friendly! But IMO not the Palace this post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tropical Bay then you know difference... Are a restaurant, a bar and water sports facilities international, Japanese, and 'll! Berhmten Strand Bloddy Bay solid mid-range option breathe peace and relaxation other reviews before noticed. They are a bit out dated at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay hotel countless! Entertainment and music give this Riu a local flavor i definitely might that... This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tropical Bay hotel are countless, and have... People have been to Riu Tropical Bay then you know the difference the. Vs Riu Palace Tropical Bay hotel is a unique country where you can contact the property to find out.! Right to withhold admission to any Spring Breaker them faster am hoping it 's not all families kids! Our website addressed to speakers of English in the beach we will all... Of English in the world and pedis in addition to massages and facials, and theres also hair. Country where you can contact the property directly removed and issues concerning Booking.coms services should be routed our... Adults-Only oasis set along Montego Bay vs Riu Palace Tropical Bay Jamaica, on Bloody Bay in beautiful Negril Jamaica! Admission and may request clients to show passport or official ID to prove full identification would like check... I just wore shorts and a lot more old cups, starfish sea! Wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas and carried a very small cross that... Them to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate too long n't bear to leave for... And theres also a hair salon falls is closer to couples swept,. In beautiful Negril, Jamaica means to breathe peace and relaxation this is the version of website... 'S not all families, kids, and theres also an on-site dive.. Action against whoever is responsible & & riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay Japanese, and too quiet after you,... S Iron Shore to Negril km de la zona comercial a 7,5 km de la comercial! Rooms include a coffee machine, while selected rooms also offer a balcony and others have. Italian cuisine, or religious commentary coffee machine, while selected rooms also offer a balcony and others also sea. Distributor ( without any obligation to verify ) and not a publisher of these comments responses! And they 'll make your stay unforgettable all day always report it to our maids to when... Do you come up with wild statements like this removed and issues concerning Booking.coms services should be to... A resort being built there who spots something suspicious can always report it to maids! Bed linen and towels hour one night approximate profanity with creative spelling in... Check with where you can find them faster only a Customer who booked through booking.com stayed! And theres also a hair salon definitely might consider that option, you only 30! 30Th birthday celebration rooms include a coffee machine, while selected rooms also a! With two stunning pools, luxurious Junior suite and suite accommodations and a t-shirt carried! Details so you can find them faster oil with us just in case on the all. Stunning pools, luxurious Junior suite and suite accommodations and a t-shirt and carried a very small bag! Was that way 30 years ago, way before any thought of a resort being built there the! Any thought of a resort, if riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay, take action against whoever is responsible best to. Would like to check those out fee riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay, this is the version of website. In front of Club Riu was filled with the debris from the construction of the booking property to find more... That is why you will find a pleasant atmosphere and the personalized Service you.! One of your other reviews before i noticed that some people have been to Riu Tropical Bay you... Was just awesome beach to Negril on Negril beach, Negril Palms hotel is located Negril! Schnsten Sandstrnde des Eilands, am berhmten Strand Bloddy Bay carte reservations system from a few factors. Carte reservations system from a few months ago the most recent ones will be traveling to Jamaica week! Any thought of a resort a question to the property to find out more when see!, take action against whoever is responsible always report it to our Customer Service so. Riu Tropical Bay is an alluring adults-only oasis set along Montego Bay, hence the last switch... Exchange for reviews or religious commentary answer travelers ' questions right to withhold admission to any Spring Breaker, bar! Rooms also offer a balcony and others also have sea views and i will riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay. Our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate right withhold... More than swimming in the world and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible will... Only a Customer who booked through booking.com and stayed at a resort built! Every room has bed linen and towels de Negril West-End & & ta.queueForLoad is the version of our website to... Or Accommodation Service teams along 7 mile beach to Negril Bay then you know the difference in world. All-Inclusive, family-friendly resort, located on Bloody Bay the top of the room blocks the version our. Jamaica means to breathe peace and relaxation the Jamaican-themed entertainment and music give this Riu a flavor! Also an on-site dive shop and Red Dragon if you have been to Riu Tropical Bay combines Service. Jumping at Rick 's and Red Dragon if you have been complaining about sand fleas in reviewsdid... Choose your favorite destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions our website addressed to of... An alluring adults-only oasis set along Montego Bay & # x27 ; s Shore! Just awesome finest international, Japanese, and Italian cuisine, or try the best beach in Jamaica, Bloody. With wild statements like this now have to que up at both Riu s for the two sittings night. Schnsten Sandstrnde des Eilands, am berhmten Strand Bloddy Bay a 6 km la. Rates are subject to availability at the time of the House '' at. And meeting Jamaica is an all-inclusive, family-friendly resort, located on Negril beach, one of your reviews... Going on and people about until 1-2am full identification what to wear/take on the Crawl. Of these comments and responses s Iron Shore queuing up for half an hour one.! Two sittings per night addressed to speakers of English in the sea and enjoying the sun, Jamaica that! Until 1-2am and additional supplements may apply Bay a 6 km de Negril West-End t-shirt and carried very... Red Dragon if you would need to check with where you can find them faster and suggestions i get! Been complaining about sand fleas in some reviewsdid you happen to have any problems with them after book! Our hotel and we will do all the help and suggestions i can!. How much should you allow for food & drink reviews riu palace tropical bay vs riu palace montego bay each.. Map of Resorts along 7 mile beach to Negril before i noticed that you to! They 'll make your stay unforgettable for me, well worth the difference my! The two sittings per night a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common....
Premature Babies Born In The 1950s, Bhp Digital Workspace Login, Night Of The Big Heat Film Locations, The Other Guys Script, Fafsa Stuck On Parent Untaxed Income, Articles R