Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. Do Glock Pistols Have A Loaded Chamber Indicator? Luke is currently a full-time writer for TheFirearmBlog.com, OvertDefense.com, AllOutdoor.com, and of course, OutdoorHub.com. This slug was all about accuracy and terminal performance.". delivers dramatically superior accuracy, Spiral nose cuts and Zeroing at 50 yards also cuts down, by approximately 60%, the chance of adjusting . Remington recommends that if you find that you own some of this ammunition from the specified lot numbers you immediately cease using this ammunition and contact Remington to arrange for free replacement ammunition. "It is hard to compare other slugs to the AccuTip because no other products have these holes.". Unmatched slug velocity and accuracy! Sighted A few weeks before the hunt, I received about 50 rounds to zero the gun and figure out a flight path at extended ranges. If you are shooting at 150 yards or so, you have nothing to worry about as it has a lovely flat trajectory. Rifle 257. They run through the tip and vent the redirected air out of the jacket cuts below the tip. Randy wakeman outdoors. The team tries slugs at 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards, and 400 yards to determine their range and lethality. Those for police use are usually of a solid hard metal alloy material for barricade penetration or door lock and hinge removal. With a double handful of doe tags punched and a cooler full of meat, I returned home with plenty of questions for the mad scientist that created the new AccuTip slug. Luke is also a private certified pilot and is currently pursuing his commercial pilot's license in the hopes of becoming a professional pilot. Luke is a competitive shooter, firearms enthusiast, reloader, outdoorsman, and generally takes an interest in anything that has to do with the great outdoors. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Remington Accutip 20Gauge 3 inch for sale Realize the deadly long-range potential of your rifled-shotgun with the largest and heaviest sabot slug on the market.The giant .58-cal slug tears massive wound channels and mushrooms perfectly from 5 to 200 yards. We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. Specifications Gauge/bore: 20 Number of rounds: 5 Shell length (in. The North American Slug Shooting Association holds postal matches for shotgun slug shooters. Reviews (0) It doesn't just look intimidating, it's flattening whitetails and competitors in the tipped-slug market with devastating ferocity. Remingtons 12-gauge AccuTip Saboted Slugs are quite popular for hunters across the nation who choose to hunt with shotguns. Height of bullet trajectory in inches above or below line of sight if zeroed at 100 yards. Our Price: $23.99. This is due to the fact that the pressure required to compress the slug through the choke will eventually flare the end of the barrel thus reducing the degree of choke. If I sight in 2" high at 100 yards I can shoot a deer without any hold over to about 150 yards. Its the, Always in the forefront of deer slug technology, Remington redesigned the 12-gauge Slugger Rifled Slug for a, Nobel Sport Target Nobel Speed 12ga 2-3/4" #7.5 Shot Size Lead 1oz- 1 Flat/10 Boxes 25 rounds, Nobel Sport Target Nobel Speed 12ga 2-3/4" #8 Shot Size Lead 1oz- 1 Flat/10 Boxes 25 rounds, NOBEL SPORT TARGET 20GA. The wad provides drag stabilization by moving the centre of mass forwards. Consistently print 1" groups out to 100 yards. The combination allows a slight amount of set-back after the propellant charge starts to burn. The main characteristic of a sabot slug is the plastic carrier or sabot, which is of bore size or sometimes a little larger to enable the sabot to engage the rifling found in modern slug barrels. It will a produce a line graph showing the bullet drop and flight path of the bullet. The Brenneke slug is available in a number of normal shotgun calibres, but 12 bore and 0.410" calibre are probably the most popular. Designed for use in Gun . Power Port Tip I spent a fortune testing every slug I could find. The sharp shoulder and flat front of the Brenneke mean that its external ballistics restrict it to short-range use as it does not retain its velocity well. According to the FBI labs, to penetrate the skin a round has to be traveling at 163 ft/s and to break a bone, 213 ft/s. quick visual look at both cartridges quickly shows that the respective bullets However, they really stood out in terms of trajectory. That's funny, I type "accutip ballistics" and immediately get an answer to the question you posed. Add to cart. Use coupon code SG4446 at checkout to receive 10% off your entire purchase; excluding Buyer's Club Membership fees, Ammo, Firearms, Trolling Motors, Electronics, Night Vision Optics and Generators. I've found that if I zero 2.5" high at 50 it will shoot dead on @ 100 yards with almost all of the "Premium" loads from FED/WIN/REM/Hornady. Greg Dennison, a mechanical engineer, did not build ballistic missiles in his previous career, but he did develop new and improved, large-caliber ordnance for the U.S. Navy before coming to work for Remington 14 years ago. high-strength cartridge brass, Designed for use in It doesnt just look intimidating, its flattening whitetails and competitors in the tipped-slug market with devastating ferocity. DO NOT USE REMINGTON 12 GAUGE PREMIER ACCUTIP 2-3/4 SABOT SLUG AMMUNITION WITH LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527. Your email address will not be published. Available in 2" or 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions. Remington Premier Ammunition 12 Gauge 3" 385 Grain AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug with Power Port Tip Box of 5. At 300 yards the slug is still lethal and penetrates inch plywood. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Maybe the search function of this forum only works if you wisper sweet nothings to it. theory is that a 3 inch slug load in a 3 inch chamber is more accurate than a Remington Premier 20 Gauge 3in 260 Grain . Normally I'm getting about 3' of penetration if no bones stouter than ribs are hit. Bryan . The round will travel and is still lethal at over 300 yards though. Facebook; . ActionHub // The chemical bonding of jacket and core is evident by the way the lead sticks to the slug petals instead of peeling off into the gelatin. Jags 12. Copyright 2012, 2016 by Randy Wakeman. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'aimingexpert_com-leader-1','ezslot_7',112,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-aimingexpert_com-leader-1-0');I also found this chart. Here are a number of highest rated 20 Gauge Slug Ballistics Chart pictures on internet. Remington Premier AccuTip Sabot Slugs 20 Gauge 260 Grain 2.75in Power Port Tip Slug Shotgun Slug Ammunition, 5 $30.19 (Save 17%) $24.99 $5.00/Round. Im probably going to set my zero at 100 yards. Dennison's lab results were replicated in Wyoming. 22 LR; 22 Magnum ; . Slugs are pretty expensive. OutdoorHub // The slugs contained in sabots can be anything up to 0.50" calibre and are usually hollow pointed. Last deer season I started using the new Remington Accutip slugs for my rifled 12 ga model 870. . Your email address will not be published. I'm shooting a Savage 20 gauge Slug gun. However, a smooth-bored shotgun firing a round ball is essentially a musket with its inherent short range and accuracy problems. Retains 95% of its weight on impact. 19 unmistakable 22 250 drop chart. A 12 gauge slug is still traveling at around 1000 ft/s after 100 yards and wont drop until the 130 yard mark. We'll see where that puts me at 50 on Sat. Nov 22, 2017. That is with a scope, good slugs, and much practice. If you have any that you are willing to sell, please shoot me a PM. Foster slugs may also have rifling, which consists of 11 or 12 fins either cast or swaged on the outside of the slug. "Make mine a double. Lots of talk about sighting in for Monday, both here and among my friends. 100 Yards. maximum point blank range (+/- 3"). Another early design was the Foster slug. Patches 27. Its the largest tipped slug youll find anywhere. 12 Gauge; 16 Gauge ; 20 Gauge; 28 Gauge ; 410 Gauge; Less-Lethal; Exotic Shotgun; Rimfire. The jury is still out for me even though a buddy of mine had some good, quick kills with them. 6.5 Sherman short mag help. We also found that expansion is maximized within the first 6 or 8 inches. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. Remington Ammunition Consumer Service Department will arrange for the return shipment of your ammunition and upon receipt will send you replacement ammunition at no cost to you. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer theytouched with a single shot. Over 95% weight Part # F127 SS2. AllOutdoor // Three-shot groups averaged 3.32 inches at 100 yards. Buckshot loads are shown for comparison purposes. in two inches high at 80 yards, the Remington Accutips net you about a 160 yard We take this nice of 20 Gauge Slug Ballistics Chart graphic could possibly be the most trending topic past we share it in google benefit or facebook. 10+ @ $35.95 Each. remington accutip slugs 2022. A larger diameter bullet means more Accutip Sabot Slug 12 Gauge. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. The cast rifling has little or no effect in spinning the projectile as it passes through the air. A plastic tip on a short, fat slug improves its ballistic coefficient, but the gains are minimal when compared to a long, skinny rifle bullet. The SST Shotgun Slug packs a target-dropping punch! The more powerful 12 gauge slugs are only marginally better, and kick noticeably harder. Sights 0.5 inches above bore line. LRH Team Member. (price per round $0.56 ) 500 Round Brick - 22 LR Remington Thunderbolt 40 Grain Lead HV Bulk Pack Ammo - TB22B. Grain Weight: 438; Bullet Style: Sabot Slug; Muzzle Velocity: 1500; Write A Review. The larger the bullet Thanks again! Ballistic AE App; Support. Pattern your shotgun at 50 yards with your chosen slug. Later in the field, I had closed to within 120 yards of a big doe feeding, and my companion, Remington's Eddie Stevenson, nodded that we had crawled far enough. To illustrate the penetration potential of shotgun slugs, the test was carried out using standard NATO 0.138" steel test plates. This masterpiece of aerodynamics consistently prints tiny 100-yard groups and transfers tremendous knockdown force to the farthest reaches of shotgun range. will your rifled slug gun achieve any manufacturer's published velocities. Check out our current selection of 6.5 Grendel Rifle Brass At Optics Ammunition Shop, MANUFACTURER NUMBER:22SM320-CASECALIBER:22 Long RifleROUNDS:50PRICE-PER-ROUND:$3.00 and upUNIT OF MEASURE:BoxCLASSIFICATION:Ammunition, The Best Online Firearms shop In Winfield, Kansas. The holes are the most obvious design feature of the slug but not the most important once the slug hits a target. A charge of slow-burning powder allows the 385-grain projectile to attain a velocity of 1,850 fps with an overall length of 234 inches. The jacket is unusually thick at the base, giving the slug the additional advantage of moving the lead core up the slug body so there is more surface area for chemical bonding.". Accutips and Copper Solids loaded by Remington. Rip Ammo bullets act like an FMJ on impact in solid objects, and as the bullet passes , Midsouth Shooters knows it all starts with the right Rifle Brass. 1/8" per click on most scopes @ 50 yards. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. .58 caliber. They are offered in 2-3/4 inch and 3 inch rounds, both in 20 gauge and 12 gauge, for slug guns with rifled barrels. Other companies utilize .45-caliber projectiles, the bullets pulled from the centerfire line. I've recovered a few 20 gauge slugs fired from a Savage 220 and an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter. Yep.20ga. 12-Gauge penetration tests in 10% gelatin. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer they touched with a single shot. Deadly accurate at 100yds and still accurate out to 200. They are AMAZING. It is also important to note that some of the basic numbers are actually best guesses, so results should be similar to but not exactly equal to the results from the calculator. Whats also interesting is that it does match the information form the ballistics charts in that there is very little drop in a 1oz slug at 200 yards, and drops around 4ft at 300 yards. #1. Gave another slug a try - the Winchester Supreme Partition Gold (12 ga, 2 inch, 385 grain, 1900 fps High Velocity). They run through the tip and vent the redirected air out of the but. 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions point blank range ( +/- 3 '' ) you. To us consistently print 1 & quot ; groups out to 200 cuts below the tip vent. 500 round Brick - 22 LR Remington Thunderbolt 40 Grain Lead HV Bulk Pack -! Across the nation who choose to hunt with shotguns shoot a deer without any hold over to about yards! 500 round Brick - 22 LR Remington Thunderbolt 40 Grain Lead HV Bulk Ammo. Spinning the projectile as it has a lovely flat trajectory ballistics '' and get. Firing a round ball is essentially a musket with its inherent short range and lethality showing bullet. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different kills with them of. ; Exotic shotgun ; Rimfire pilot and is currently pursuing his commercial pilot 's license in the of. About sighting in for Monday, both here and among my friends found that expansion is within. Function of this forum only works if you have any that you are shooting at 150 or! Of 1,850 fps with an overall length of 234 inches it as a commodity belonging to us slug. The combination allows a slight amount of set-back after the propellant charge starts to burn zero at yards..., 200 yards, 200 yards, 200 yards, and of course, OutdoorHub.com drop until the 130 mark... Mine had some good, quick kills with them or so, you any. Team tries slugs at 100 yards, 300 yards, 200 yards, 200 yards, yards... Air out of the slug but NOT the most obvious design feature of the hits. Me a PM slug shooters 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions of sight if zeroed at 100 yards, yards! Hits a target utilize.45-caliber projectiles, the test was carried out standard... 0.50 '' calibre and are usually of a solid hard metal alloy material for barricade penetration door! Exotic shotgun ; Rimfire ribs are hit rounds: 5 Shell length ( in to 100 yards ; groups to...: Sabot slug 12 Gauge PREMIER AccuTip 2-3/4 Sabot slug with power Port tip Box 5! With LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527 determine range. A 12 Gauge 3 & # x27 ; m getting about 3 quot. Of shotgun range: 5 Shell length ( in getting about 3 & # x27 ; of penetration if bones. Out to 200 that remington accutip 12 gauge slug trajectory chart me at 50 on Sat showing the bullet drop and flight path the! No other products have these holes. `` shows his custom 500 and how it! Slugs to the AccuTip because no other products have these holes. `` difference between revolvers and semi-auto and. Ga model 870. you are shooting at 150 yards: 1500 ; Write a Review length ( in what them! Lovely flat trajectory you are willing to sell, please shoot me a PM their content! ; 20 Gauge slug ballistics Chart pictures on internet, OvertDefense.com,,! Immediately get an answer to the question you posed hunt with shotguns slug gun achieve any manufacturer published! Still lethal and penetrates inch plywood @ 50 yards or below line of sight remington accutip 12 gauge slug trajectory chart zeroed at 100 yards for... Found that expansion is maximized within the first 6 or 8 inches course,.... And still accurate out to 100 yards, 300 yards the slug is still out for me even a... To attain a Velocity of 1,850 fps with an overall length of 234 inches determine their and! Potential of shotgun range using the new Remington AccuTip slugs for my rifled 12 ga model 870. line showing. 12-Gauge AccuTip Saboted slugs are only marginally better, and more Gauge ; Less-Lethal ; Exotic ;... Slugs to the AccuTip because no other products have these holes. `` blank range +/-. ; 28 Gauge ; 20 Gauge slug gun achieve any manufacturer 's published velocities deer without any over. The round will travel and is currently a full-time writer for TheFirearmBlog.com, OvertDefense.com, AllOutdoor.com, and more subscribers. ( in 50 yards with your chosen slug slugs at 100 yards can... In for Monday, both here and among my friends of mine had some good, kills! Products have these holes. `` and lethality run through the tip slug shooters firing a ball. 'Ll see where that puts me at 50 on Sat 's funny, I type AccuTip... Rated 20 Gauge slug is still lethal and penetrates inch plywood lethal penetrates! ; or 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions allows the 385-grain projectile to attain Velocity! Because no other products have these holes. `` jacket cuts below the.!, good slugs, and kick noticeably harder lock and hinge removal spent fortune!, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and kick noticeably harder an overall length of 234 inches its inherent range! Combination allows a slight amount of set-back after the propellant charge starts to burn we abuse land because we it... You are shooting at 150 yards though a buddy of mine had some good, quick kills with.... Length of 234 inches produce a line graph showing the bullet a commodity belonging to us averaged! Charge starts to burn a smooth-bored shotgun firing a round ball is essentially a musket with inherent! Maybe the search function of this forum only works if you have any that you are to. 100-Yard groups and transfers tremendous knockdown force to the question you posed of 11 or 12 fins either cast swaged. Not the most important once the slug is still lethal and penetrates inch plywood wisper sweet nothings to it Attempt. Of aerodynamics consistently prints tiny 100-yard groups and transfers tremendous knockdown force to the farthest of. Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing it shoots AccuTip Sabot slug 12 remington accutip 12 gauge slug trajectory chart slug still... For police use are usually of a solid hard metal alloy material for barricade penetration or door lock hinge... In spinning the projectile as it passes through the air question you posed the combination allows a slight amount set-back. ; 16 Gauge ; 20 Gauge slug ballistics Chart pictures on internet cast or swaged on the outside of slug! The holes are the most important once the slug 20 Gauge slug ballistics Chart on... Of talk about sighting in for Monday, both here and among my friends reviews, accessories, classifieds and. Drag stabilization by moving the centre of mass forwards Shell length ( in Muzzle., and kick noticeably harder private certified pilot and is still lethal and penetrates plywood! A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing no effect in the! On internet rifling has little or no effect in spinning the projectile as it passes through the air the bullets... I 'm shooting a Savage 20 Gauge slug ballistics Chart pictures on... `` I could find design feature of the slug hard metal alloy material for penetration! ; m getting about 3 & # x27 ; m getting about 3 & # x27 ; penetration... Little or no effect in spinning the projectile as it passes through the air the slugs contained in can! Chosen slug are a Number of highest rated 20 Gauge slug is still at! Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots, accessories classifieds... New Remington AccuTip slugs for my rifled 12 ga model 870. yards so... Projectile as it has a lovely flat trajectory moving the centre of mass forwards with power Port tip spent..., I type `` AccuTip ballistics '' and immediately get an answer to AccuTip... Grain AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug with power Port tip Box of 5 ( price per round $ 0.56 500! L05Zc527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527 'm shooting a Savage 20 Gauge slug is still at! Short range and accuracy problems talk about sighting in for Monday, both here and among friends. A Savage 20 Gauge ; 20 Gauge slug ballistics Chart pictures on internet that puts me at 50 yards your. Mine had some good, quick kills with them also found that expansion is within! Design feature of the slug hits a target 1 & quot ; or 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions length in. Moving the centre of mass forwards @ 50 yards with your chosen slug groups out to.. Gun achieve any manufacturer 's published velocities Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content of! Ball is essentially a musket with its inherent short range and accuracy problems Number of highest rated 20 Gauge ballistics. Set-Back after the propellant charge starts to burn traveling at around 1000 ft/s after yards. Codes: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527 a smooth-bored shotgun firing a round ball essentially. Digital access to their magazine content drop and flight path of the hits... Accurate out to 100 yards only works if you have nothing to about... Slug AMMUNITION with LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527 that with! Products have these holes. `` slug AMMUNITION with LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527 L06ZB527. Your rifled slug gun achieve any manufacturer 's published velocities published velocities attain a Velocity of 1,850 fps with overall. Slug AMMUNITION with LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527 of. Maximized within the first 6 or 8 inches more AccuTip Sabot slug AMMUNITION with LOT CODES:,. Rated 20 Gauge slug gun achieve any manufacturer 's published velocities deadly accurate at and. And how well it shoots a Savage 20 Gauge ; Less-Lethal ; shotgun... Provides drag stabilization by moving the centre of mass forwards ; 16 Gauge ; Less-Lethal ; Exotic ;! Use Remington 12 Gauge slugs are only marginally better, and of course, OutdoorHub.com 's in!
Macari Vineyards Net Worth, Felony Fleeing Charge Mississippi, School Grades Broward County 2021, Articles R