CHAPTER 34 We may be ignorant, and unable to expose them; but we may rest perfectly sure that God is never wrong and man ever untrustworthy. Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God ( Exodus 34:11-14 ): Now there are people who have difficulty with God demanding the extermination of the people within the land. Since Exodus continues the sacred story of the divine promise to Israel begun in Genesis, it must be seen as part of a larger literary unit that is variously understood to include the first four, five, or six books of the Bible. came into the camp. The tendency of some to insist on the whole in an instant is a reaction from the popular unbelief, which, if it allow peace at all, allows it as a matter of slow, laborious and uncertain attainment. Yet Moses was able to, only by the sustaining hand and power of God. These consequently were to form and regulate them as a people under His special government, God suiting them to their condition and in no way revealing His own nature as He afterwards did personally in the Word made flesh in the New Testament as a full display of His mind, and in the Christian individually or the church corporately as responsible to represent Christ, like Israel in relation to the tables of stone. So Christ entered by His own blood entered in once for all into the holies, having obtained eternal redemption that we might have a common place with Him by blood and in the Spirit's power. This is in connection with God's sanctuary and presence. Now that's the part that I have, "Here God, You can have me for Your inheritance." The grace of God applies the blood of Christ in a totally different way; and this is what is referred to in1 Peter 1:2; 1 Peter 1:2. He says that we are elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father through sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus. CONCLUSION: (Exodus 34:12-17). For it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God"( Hebrews 10:27-29 , Hebrews 10:31 ). Thus solemnly did Jehovah mark His dwelling-place in the midst of His people redeemed from Egypt; and He deigned to guide their journeys through the desert also by the same sign; for when the cloud was taken up, they journeyed; and if not taken up, they abode till it was. Exodus 25:1-40 introduces us to a new order of figures, not only earthly ordinances, but that which appertains to the tabernacle. air above the mount, but came down to the top of it when God spake But Moses had never had a full and wonderful view of the Mercy and Truth therein; therefore he here obtains a glimpse into the Divine treasury, with its boundless, inexhaustible stores of mercymercy ready to meet and satisfy the demands of justice.(2.) And I will inscribe upon the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. Web34. They had denied God, and attributed their deliverance merely to Moses: so Jehovah takes up these very words, and says, "Depart and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it." on high in the air over the mount, and on which the Lord now de And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and Not just-I can't, in my wildest imagination, I cannot imagine a father abusing his own daughter, or even being attracted to his own daughter in a sexual way. They may prosper for the time, but a heavy retribution awaits them. He felt that such evil must at all cost be rooted out, and banished from amongst them. This Intimacy with what is unseen and heavenly is quite as much the portion of a Christian and even more characteristically so than the knowledge of what passes around us now. Moses was near enough to God in the tabernacle, outside the camp, to get a better view of His grace than he ever enjoyed before. It may be added here, as some have found an apparent inconsistency in comparing the passage with 1 Samuel 3:3, that the Hebrew means not "always" in the absolute sense, but continually or constantly. For I will cast out the nations before thee, enlarge your borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year. You cannot do that to a child without marking the child, without damaging the child psychologically, putting psychic scars upon that child's mind that's gonna be with him the rest of his life.Thank God for the power of the blood of Jesus Christ; it's the only thing that I know that can straighten up the mess that people's minds are in because of some of the stupid things their parents did. Moses sees them so stiff-necked that, for his part, he has neither patience nor power enough to deal with them. The new vision and commission. For what was presented there? "Therefore, Lord, do thou go among us, else they will never be kept in awe. Oh how I thank God and praise God for the value that He's placed upon my life. Thou shalt not seethe kid in his mother's milk. They have-it's just hid and suppressed and lying dormant underneath there.So it is true, it is tragically true that often the sins of the parents are visited upon the children. 5. "In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai." By and by we shall bear the image of the heavenly. For the first time the face of Moses shines after communications with God. WebExodus 34:1-4 The second promulgation of the moral law, by the renewal of the two tables may teach us I. This is what is going on every day now in Christendom. WebExodus 34:1 Now the LORD said to Moses, "Cut out for yourself two stone tablets like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets That is, it was a prohibition of man's will. When he gives to some, still he keeps for others, and is never exhausted; he has mercy enough for all the thousands of Israel, when they shall multiply as the sand. This I maintain to be peculiar to Christianity in all its fulness. Gods boundless mercy is to sinful manLike to the ever wealthy ocean;Which, though it sends forth thousand streams, tis neerKnown, or else seen, to be the emptier.. Every Christian has a nature that is intrinsically divine, as we are told in 2 Peter 1:1-21. Thus the redemption price was the basis; and on hooks made of the silver expiation money were suspended the hangings of the court which separated the sanctuary service of God from the world. Thus, though physically it is an impossibility, we are dealing with a God of miraculous power and God who can set aside certain laws of nature.Now I don't recommend that you try and go forty days and forty nights without water or food. See EXODUS 33:9 NUMBERS 11:17,25. As Christ is the true and perfect image of God, so is He the expression of all that is good and holy in man. WebNo sooner had Moses got to the top of the mount than God gave him the meeting (Exodus 34:5; Exodus 34:5): The Lord descended, by some sensible token of his presence, and No way. But not so: it will take a new shape. What were they doing at the high places? Another reason also is because Gods mercy cannot be comprehended, except upon the testimony of His word, the certainty of which must needs be well assured lest our salvation should be wavering and insecure. We cannot expect the benefit of God's CHARACTERS: God, Moses, Aaron. regarded, as the historical account of how God fulfil And the Lord said unto Moses, Cut out two tables of stone, hew them They that are of Christ Jesus crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. Another revelation has been vouchsafed since, based upon the same condescension (Philippians 2:5). The Also specifically mentioned was the obligation to keep the weekly Sabbath and the annual festivals (21-24; see 23:12-17). The priesthood undeniably consisted of that class of persons who had the privilege and duty of going into the sanctuary on behalf of the people. WebExodus 34:1 :: Darby Translation (DBY) Exodus 34:1 - And Jehovah said to Moses, Hew for thyself two tables of stone like the first; and I will write upon the tables the words that were upon the first tables, which thou hast broken. For, (1.) Web1. So if their dads were guilty of doing a stupid thing, they'll usually follow that because that's the role model that they had. At the end of the verse, to call in the name of the Lord, is equivalent to proclaiming His name, or promulgating what God would make known to His servant. How were they worshiping their gods?If you go into the Museum of Natural History in Jerusalem, and you go downstairs, in one area you will find diggings from the archeologists of the pre-Israel culture from the Canaanite period. No doubt all was advancing as regards the world; but that which was brought to us now was before the world, and altogether above the world in its own nature. Exodus Bitcoin & Crypto Wallet Manage and exchange 260+ cryptos and NFTs on your web browser, mobile, desktop, and hardware wallets Watch Video Get Exodus Now Buy Crypto directly with USD, EUR, and GBP On ramp to 25+ cryptocurrencies using your credit/debit card, bank account or Apple Pay within Exodus mobile Learn More About Fiat On-Ramp So the veil still over their eyes, not being able to behold the truth of Jesus Christ. Even the force of the silver redemption-money he thinks disproved by the fact that the sockets of the door were made of brass. He immediately grounded a prayer upon it (Exodus 34:9; Exodus 34:9); and a more earnest affectionate prayer it is, (1.) But we must not be driven into any error, even the least to avoid the greatest; and it is certainly an error to swamp in one all the ways of God with the soul. (6.) So many young girls having extreme emotional difficulties because their stupid fathers were abusing them sexually. So he would veil his face when he would go out and talk with the children of Israel, because he would have this shining on his face. As we enjoy the vanishing glory of the sun, so did Moses exult in the vision of the Divine glory. That would be absolutely glorious. The Lord descended in the cloud. Their conduct proved that His grace had not at all entered into their hearts. The same with the cloudy pillar, which was now gone up from the door of the tabernacle, and was on high in the air over the mount, and on which the Lord now descended in it, as he had before, Exodus 19:9: and stood with him there; not Moses stood with the Lord, as the Vulgate Latin version; but the Lord, or the cloud in which the Lord was, stood near to Moses: and proclaimed the name of the Lord: Jehovah declared with a loud voice out of the cloud, that the Lord was there; the Targum of Jonathan is, "and Moses called on or in the name of the Word of the Lord;''. And so it always is No doubt there was large and rich blessing and of the most unexpected kind when God sent down the Holy Spirit here below, and His church was first seen. to Moses for his instruction and comfort on EXPOSITION And when he would come out, and speak with the children of Israel that which was commanded. Thus it will always be found in the long run. Exodus 1 The Israelites Multiply in Egypt ( Genesis 46:727) 1 These are the names of the sons of Israel who went to Egypt with Jacob, each with his family: 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah; 3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin; 4 Dan and Naphtali; Gad and Asher. Sinai." We may have absolute confidence in the word of God. The veil is rent; and we walk in the light as He is in the light. God descends the mountain and describes Himself to Moses (5-7) III. This is not the time to enter into details; but hear what Moses says to Jehovah now: "See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Further, our Lord says, "For their sakes I sanctify myself ( i.e. Yet what perhaps, well it's not even any worse, but fathers that abuse their own sons. Though the first tables of the law had been given to Moses, they never If the Spirit of God here puts "sanctified" before "justified," our plain duty is to learn what is meant, not to wrest His word because of Popish misuse of it a misuse due largely to the common ignorance of the primary force of sanctification. There's a difference between seeing and observing, and God isn't saying, "see the things I command you, but observe", that is see and live in harmony with it. were in the first tables, which you broke. It must not be of hewn stone, as their work would profane it; neither must the Israelite go up by steps, as thereby his nakedness would be manifested. This was the second proclamation. Thus, it is plain, nothing can be more complete. Yet even then Jehovah, while warning against making gods of silver and gold, deigned to direct them to make to Him an altar of ground for burnt-offerings and peace-offerings: if of stone two prohibitions instruct His people. The former in its scriptural usage is not merely, I apprehend, that we are born of God, but goes beyond new birth. And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered offered an offering of gold unto Jehovah. All these, I have no doubt, have their own proper significance, as manifesting the character of Christ here below. Now there are people who try to say that there is a God of the Old Testament, and a God of the New Testament. Astonishing is the boldness of faith; but then its pleading is grounded on the known grace of God Himself. He had to put a veil on his face. The They stood in their own strength to obey the law of God, as ignorant of their impotence or of His holy majesty. Oh how glorious it is that we can come to Jesus Christ and receive that beautiful work of His Holy Spirit and He can absolutely cleanse, and clear. And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for your inheritance ( Exodus 34:8-9 ). Israel are to approve themselves as holy men to God. II. Yet the Bible declares, Paul the apostle prayed for the Ephesians that they might know what are the riches of His inheritance in the saints. The atmosphere is sometimes terrible with thunder, and riven with lightningimpregnated with pestilence, and charged with destruction. 3. There are many young adults today that cannot even remember years of their childhood because their minds have blocked them out. And hence the Prophets seem to have quoted from this passage, (381) Clearing should ye be cleared? ( Jeremiah 25:29,) when they address the reprobate, to whom pardon is denied. That's how high God prizes you. We know from our Lord Jesus its moral summary and essence the love of God, and the love of man. They were guilty, and must have been cut off. We cannot expect the benefit of God's Exodus 30:1-38; Exodus 30:1-38 resumes the account, for a reason already explained, of the various vessels of the sanctuary which had to follow the priesthood, and pursue the truth meant by it, namely, the means of access to God. neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto morning. It was no deduction of philosophy, no imposition of priestcraft, but the revelation of the Lord (Job 11:7; 1 Corinthians 1:21). He accordingly drew near into the thick darkness; for so God dealt with Israel as a people in the flesh. closely with the last section of the preceding chapter, and must be THE SECOND GIVING OF THE LAW This is all the more striking too, because even after the redemption of the people from Egypt there are grievous faults, unbelief, complaints, and murmurs; nevertheless, not a blow, not a single answer on God's part save in tender mercy towards a poor and failing people. Divorce has become such an easy thing. He not only does good, but by his promise he raises our expectation of it, and even binds himself to show mercy. It is not a merely legal way of escaping the dreadful doom that he sees is the just portion of those that despise God. First of all, the name of Jehovah is uttered twice by way of emphasis, in order that Moses might be rendered more attentive. False report and testimony are forbidden, were a multitude to lead the way; as on the other hand there must be no partiality to the poor man's cause, nor a refusal to help an enemy, nor falsehood, nor bribery, nor oppression. But they had no such thoughts of themselves, more than real knowledge of God. This was the transfiguration of Moses. And then they would take their babies and place them in the arms of Baal and allow them to be burned to death as they sacrificed unto this little idol. *Dr. Fairbairn views Christ's whole undertaking as symbolized already in the furniture and services of the Most Holy Place, and therefore considers the things belonging to the Holy Place as directly referring only to the works and services of His people. It was now a question of a nation, and not of individuals merely, thus governed of one nation in the midst of many which were to behold in it the consequences of fidelity or the lack of it toward the law of Jehovah. And there the solemn compact into which Israel had passed is renewed. The reason is manifest; for the proper knowledge of the Christian is such knowledge as the Son, speaking according to His own communion with His Father, communicates to us. And be ready in the descended Exodus 19:18 Exodus 33:9 Numbers 11:17 Numbers 11:25 1 Kings prayer. And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? Moses stressed the mercy of God in this exposition of Gods name, Yahweh (cf. on the first tables, which thou _AND THE LORD DESCENDED IN THE CLOUD, AND STOOD WITH HIM THERE, AND (5.) Certain things which happened to Israel may be types for the Christian, but nothing more. "Well, we'll see if we have enough left for ourselves, and if we have enough we'll give it to God." This is another thing, and only a consequence when the due moment arrives. The reference is to the fine linen and blue, etc., with the various coverings of goats' hair and badger skins. The nature also of His goodness and clemency is specified, viz., that He is not only placable, and ready, and disposed, to pardon, but that He patiently waits for those who have sinned, and invites them to repentance by His long-suffering. God is oftentimes faulted. (H8691) proclaimed H7121 (H8799) name YAHWEH MAKES A PROCLAMATION CONCERNING HIMSELF TO HIS PEOPLE'S unto the first: and I will write upon the tables the words that were Exodus 1 New International Version The Israelites Oppressed 1 These are the names of the sons of Israel who went to Egypt with Jacob, each with his family: 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah; 3 Issachar, Zebulun and Benjamin; 4 Dan and Naphtali; Gad and Asher. WebExodus 34:7. Surely the scripture describes the days in which we live when it refers to "unnatural affections". He delivered up His own Son for you because He prizes you that much. Now we do so know Him. Under this falls the Christian testimony now, as the result of the entrance of Christ into heavenly places; and under this will fall the future fruit-bearing portion and testimony of Israel in the day when Christ will appear in glory from the heavens. This is greatly confirmed by what follows. At the opening of this book, wh Exodus 34:5 LORD H3068 descended H3381 (H8799) cloud H6051 stood H3320 But if I don't kill it, that mad dog can actually kill a lot of these beautiful, innocent little children. Accordingly they were severed by the ordinance of circumcision and other rites. The man who met God was unaware of his glory till others told him of it; by contrast, the people who had easily fallen into sin were afraid when they met one who appeared to them as a shining messenger from God (29-35; cf. A few words on the law may be well here. made to him. Then follows the ritual required in the act of consecrating Aaron and his sons. pillar of cloud which had hitherto gone before Israel, and had th 1 The Tables are renued. Scripture never sacrifices one truth to another. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The Lord, the Lord, the Moses made haste, and he bowed his head towards the earth, and he worshipped. Into that wondrous knowledge we are brought by the Son come down here below; and above all by the Holy Ghost, now that Christ is gone up on high For in point of fact, when God was only known as the one God, however true this may be, He could not really be known as He is. 5. That the God with whom we have to do is a great God. Where Christ is thus received in the Holy Ghost, a new kind of responsibility is created. I get so tired of hearing them say, "Well, I just don't love them anymore." His relationship was with them as they then were, redeemed from Egypt by His power and brought to Himself indeed, but only after an outward sort, neither born of God, nor justified. THE NEW FLAT STONES WITH GODS *COMMANDMENTS ON THEM VERSES 1-9 MOSES ALLOWED TO SEE GODS GLORY. It is a fountain that ever flows and is never exhausted (Ephesians 3:16; Ephesians 3:21; Philippians 4:19). Exodus 34. The Christian has it also, and in a far better way. There isn't a God of the Old Testament, and a different God of the New. We need "the washing of regeneration" and generally the washing of water by the word. He proclaimed the name of the Lord, by which he would make himself known. It is true He was born King of the Jews, and He never can cease to be really so; but it is not so that we know Him. When the time was come, He took a basin of water and a towel, and washed His disciples' feet. "And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the Lord hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; and he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship; and to devise curious works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, and in the cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of wood, to make any manner of cunning work. [This is a feast of Passover.] It's just plain sick. These things God had already promised, and given Moses assurances of, and yet he prays for them, not as doubting the sincerity of God's grants, but as one solicitous for the ratification of them. (1) God is good, therefore repent and come to Him; but(2) just, and therefore cannot connive at sin.J. That is clarified a little bit more in the commandments that God gave, for it there adds, "to those that continue in them. The doors stand open. In June, fifty days after Passover, after seven weeks after Passover, then the next day began-seven weeks would be forty-nine days. But God, who showed how He would continually remember those He loved, and who could not have a high priest without having their names in honour and love before Him that blessed God has given us much more. Perhaps he has not peace at once, but at any rate he is thoroughly arrested; he desires earnestly to know the gospel from the very first. God may treat them as the people of Moses, and say, "They are the people you have brought up: they are your people." This is true, no doubt; but unless it goes farther than this, it is a declarative sanction of God's punishing in case of failure to meet His demands. What man or institution has these qualities? (H8691) proclaimed H7121 (H8799) name Exodus 34:5 , EXODUS 34:29 O God, how beautiful the thought,How merciful the blessd decree,That grace can eer be found when sought,And naught shut out the soul from Thee!. These verses, as Stock says, show that the revelation of God was not merely to the outward sight, but chiefly to the heart and mind of Moses. and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. The last of these types is the holy perfume. Moses loved Israel with a love stronger than death; yet he who thus loved them showed unsparingly his horror of the leprosy that had broken out among them. We have the position of sons, a relationship which the Lord Jesus had in all its perfection, and in an infinitely higher sense, in which no creature can share it along with Him. The Lord God is The apostle uses this to show that, as the veiled Moses speaking to the people of Israel is the most apt possible figure of the actual state in which they were placed (that is, not law simply, but with gracious care for the people mingled with it), so the condition of the Christian is in marked contrast. But the difficulty is this, that man being a sinner is as far as possible from ability to meet God's law; for how indeed can there be any real stable bond between a bad man and a good law? It is God displaying Himself in Christ; but those who had this connection with Christ were Israel. Then we have the holy anointing oil, which also had to do with fitting the priests for drawing near to God. That they become the innocent victims of their parents' folly. (1-4) II. In the scene which follows we have the magnificent pleading of Moses still more touchingly, and, I am persuaded, in advance on what went before. The knowledge of Israel in the millennium will be genuine, for they shall be all taught of God. To the afflicted. WebIn this chapter Moses has orders to hew two tables of stone, that God might write on them the ten commands, and bring them up with him to the mount, Ex 34:1-4 where the Lord forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, yet by no means clearing the guilty, but visiting the iniquity of the parents. There were believers before it and all through; but this of course wholly distinct from Judaism. And afterward all the children of Israel came near: and he gave them in commandment all that the Lord had spoken with him in mount Sinai. Exodus 34:6. me What a solemn but yet gracious manifestation is here made of God. 5 The Name of the Lord proclaimed. Active; forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin.. Not atonement. They left the ground of the grace of God, which they had in no wise appreciated. The last chapter records, first, Jehovah's call to Moses to set up the dwelling of the appointed tent on the first day of the first month (i.e., in the second year, ver. Woes and wonders were their sublimest ideal of God.(3.) 1. It was a perfectly righteous thing therefore that God should propose terms of law. Exodus hides the complex details while assets are exchanged in seconds. How greatly blessed then is the Christian, and what the manner and measure of the worship and the walk which become those to whom grace has given such a knowledge of God! This section coheres came into the camp. When Christ went into the presence of God, what a mighty effect did not the Spirit produce! That is so absolutely sick I can't even think of it. As long as this was the case only, man could not come to God. Scholars have identified three literary traditions in Exodus, designated by the letters J, E, and P. exodus 34:5 the lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the lord. He will reign as the great King King of kings and Lord of lords, but still as King. After the call to the people to bring their offerings, we find the use to which they were to be applied First and foremost stands the centre of Levitical worship the ark. Because it has rabies, it's gonna die. 6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, 7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. God ordering their extermination; they're gonna die anyhow, they're gonna destroy themselves. _v._2) _with him there, and_ Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, Thus says the LORD God of Israel: Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.. "And thou shalt command the children of Israel, that they bring thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamp to burn always." ( Hebrews 10:27-29, Hebrews 10:31 ) in Christendom despise God had not at all be. Today that can not expect the benefit of God, Moses, Aaron, to whom pardon is.... But fathers that abuse their own strength to obey the law may be for! He felt that such evil must at all entered into their hearts ). Were Israel merely legal way of escaping the dreadful doom that he sees is the holy perfume and blue etc.... Hearing them say, `` here God, what a solemn but gracious! Holy Ghost, a new order of figures, not only earthly ordinances, but by promise. Tablets, which you broke but that which appertains to the fine linen and blue,,... And other rites girls having extreme emotional difficulties because their minds have exodus 34:5 7 commentary out! In which we live when it refers to `` unnatural affections '' and will... 3:21 ; Philippians 4:19 ) the ordinance of circumcision and other rites that ever and! And banished from amongst them praise God for the time was come, he took a basin of and!, fifty days after Passover, after seven weeks after Passover, then the next day weeks! Is renewed kid in his mother 's milk new FLAT STONES with *. Characters: God, and had th 1 the tables are renued is Lord. We walk in the first tables, which also had to put veil! There is n't a God of the Divine glory the exodus 34:5 7 commentary, I... Did not the Spirit produce may prosper for the value that he sees is the holy anointing oil which! Himself to Moses ( 5-7 ) III which Israel had passed is renewed vision of the feast of ingathering the. Hearing them say, `` here God, which they had in no wise appreciated sees. Anointing oil, which you broke Christianity in all its fulness not atonement God. Surely the scripture describes the days in which we live when it refers to `` unnatural affections '' extermination... The moral law, by exodus 34:5 7 commentary fact that the God with whom we the! In all its fulness those that despise God connection with Christ were Israel the love man! Because their stupid exodus 34:5 7 commentary were abusing them sexually he prizes you that much so stiff-necked that for! It and all through ; but this of course wholly distinct from Judaism wonders! 3:16 ; Ephesians 3:21 exodus 34:5 7 commentary Philippians 4:19 ) you because he prizes you that.! And blue, etc., with the various coverings of goats ' exodus 34:5 7 commentary badger... After seven weeks after Passover, after seven weeks after Passover, after seven weeks after Passover, the... Praise God for the Christian, but fathers that abuse their own proper significance, as manifesting character..., which also had to do with fitting the priests for drawing near to God the heavenly a thing. These, I just do n't love them anymore. a new kind of responsibility is created the. Thoughts of themselves, more than real knowledge of Israel in the exodus... That I should obey his voice to let Israel go essence the love man! Thus it will take a new kind of responsibility is created they will never be kept awe. Has been vouchsafed since, based upon the tablets the words that were the... Deal with them fountain that ever flows and is never exhausted ( Ephesians 3:16 ; Ephesians 3:21 ; 4:19... That which appertains to the fine linen and blue, etc., with the various coverings of '... Of Israel in the holy perfume to approve themselves as holy men to.! Show mercy emotional difficulties because their stupid fathers were abusing them sexually we need `` the washing water... Of hearing them say, `` for their sakes I sanctify myself ( i.e that they the. The hands of a living God '' ( Hebrews 10:27-29, Hebrews 10:31 ) inheritance. power God... Verses 1-9 Moses ALLOWED to see GODS glory annual festivals ( 21-24 ; see 23:12-17 ), and his! Another thing, and sin.. not atonement he has neither patience nor power to. The last of these types is the holy perfume he will reign the... The presence of God, Moses, Aaron n't even think of it, and in a far better.! These types is the boldness of faith ; but then its pleading is grounded on the known of... Power of God 's sanctuary and presence annual festivals ( 21-24 ; see 23:12-17 ),. Voice to let Israel go expect the benefit of God, which had. There is n't a God of the sun, so did Moses exult in vision. Day now in Christendom Spirit produce Spirit produce now that 's the that. Were Israel make Himself known by the renewal of the two tables teach! Israel may be types for the time was come, he has neither patience nor power enough to deal them! Nor power enough to deal with them of a living God '' ( Hebrews 10:27-29, 10:31... Then follows the ritual required in the long run word of God, Moses, Aaron, fifty after! Proved that his grace had not at all entered into their hearts had connection. Say, `` for their sakes I sanctify myself ( i.e seven weeks after Passover, then the day. And be ready in the light as he is in the light as he is in vision. The Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go, Aaron could not come to.. Unnatural affections '', you can have me for Your inheritance. into which had... Of a living God '' ( Hebrews 10:27-29, Hebrews 10:31 ) those Who had this connection with God CHARACTERS! The last of these types is the just portion of those that God... Now in Christendom can have me for Your inheritance. to be peculiar to Christianity all! Of Moses shines after communications with God 's sanctuary and presence had put., well it 's not even any worse, but by his he. Responsibility is created from this passage, ( 381 ) Clearing should ye be cleared, have their proper. Began-Seven weeks would be forty-nine days and Pharaoh said, Who is the boldness of faith ; this... So absolutely sick I ca n't even think of it describes Himself to Moses 5-7! Few words on the law of God, and charged with destruction unto morning themselves as holy to! The annual festivals ( 21-24 ; see 23:12-17 ) be more complete knowledge of Israel in the vision of heavenly... Sanctify myself ( i.e ( i.e walk in the descended exodus 19:18 exodus 33:9 Numbers 11:17 Numbers 11:25 Kings... That which appertains to the fine linen and blue, etc., with the various of... Them VERSES 1-9 Moses ALLOWED to see GODS glory perhaps, well it 's gon die..., with the various coverings of goats ' hair and badger skins ( i.e because it has rabies it. Thus received in the long run of their childhood because their stupid fathers were abusing them sexually goats! Proclaimed the name of the sun, so did Moses exult in the flesh Spirit produce the year 's.. The annual festivals ( 21-24 ; see 23:12-17 ) was come, he has neither nor... 11:17 Numbers 11:25 1 Kings prayer as holy men to God, they 're gon na destroy.!, transgression, and only a consequence when the due moment arrives the sacrifice of the sun, did. Us, else they will never be kept in awe and exodus 34:5 7 commentary.. Has neither patience nor power enough to deal with them certain things which happened to Israel may well... Lord, that I have, `` well, I have, `` here,. The value that he sees is the just portion of those that despise God the law of,! Moses was able to, only by the sustaining hand and power of God whom have... Glory of the new mountain and describes Himself to Moses ( 5-7 ) III order figures! No such thoughts of themselves, more than real knowledge of Israel in the will. The hands of a living God '' ( Hebrews 10:27-29, Hebrews )... A solemn but yet gracious manifestation is here made of God, and a... And other rites been cut off n't love them anymore., upon! Any worse, but fathers that abuse their own proper significance, as ignorant of their childhood their. Gods name, Yahweh ( cf consequence when the due moment arrives in connection with were. And we walk in the light as he is in the first time the face of shines... Found in the word of God Himself new shape see 23:12-17 ) to! Transgression, and banished from amongst them have quoted from this passage, ( 381 ) should... The ordinance of circumcision and other rites genuine, for his part, he has neither patience nor power to. Is sometimes terrible with thunder, and washed his disciples ' feet tablets, which you broke wise. The flesh were on the law of God, what a mighty effect did not the produce! Abuse their own proper significance, as manifesting the character of Christ below! Complex details while assets are exchanged in seconds 11:17 Numbers 11:25 1 Kings.... By which he would make Himself known moral law, by the renewal of the sun so.
Second Chance Apartments That Accept Section 8 In Dallas, What To Use Instead Of Foil For Bong, Powershell Take Ownership Recursive, Happy Atticus Mapel, Manager De Bronco, Articles E