To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. ) x Once an eigenvalue of a matrix A has been identified, it can be used to either direct the algorithm towards a different solution next time, or to reduce the problem to one that no longer has as a solution. If A is unitary, then ||A||op = ||A1||op = 1, so (A) = 1. Naively, I would therefore conclude that ( 1, 1) T is an "eigenstate" of x K with "eigenvalue" 1. Hermitian and unitary operators, but not arbitrary linear operators. But think about what that means. I Therefore, for any linear operator T : V V and ONB's B,B0 the matrices [T] B and [T] B0 are unitary (resp., orthogonally) equivalent. So the algebraic multiplicity is the multiplicity of the eigenvalue as a zero of the characteristic polynomial. #Eigenvalues_of_J+_and_J-_operators#Matrix_representation_of_Jz_J_J+_J-_Jx_Jy#Representation_in_Pauli_spin_matrices#Modern_Quantum_Mechanics#J_J_Sakurai#2nd. $$ In quantum mechanics, the ordered (continuous) family of all Dirac distributions, i.e. For this reason, other matrix norms are commonly used to estimate the condition number. For example, a projection is a square matrix P satisfying P2 = P. The roots of the corresponding scalar polynomial equation, 2 = , are 0 and 1. *-~(Bm{n=?dOp-" V'K[RZRk;::$@$i#bs::0m)W0KEjY3F00q00231313ec`P{AwbY >g`y@ 1Ia Student finance and accommodation- when should I apply? However, if 3 = 1, then (A 1I)2(A 2I) = 0 and (A 2I)(A 1I)2 = 0. hb```f``b`e` B,@Q.> Tf Oa! But it is possible to reach something close to triangular. \sigma_x K \sigma_x K ={\mathbb I}, A Eigenstates and Eigenvalues Consider a general real-space operator . ^ The first has eigenvectors with $\vartheta^2$ having a positive semidefinite spectrum, but the second doesn't. A The latter terminology is justified by the equation. In this case If the original matrix was symmetric or Hermitian, then the resulting matrix will be tridiagonal. However, even the latter algorithms can be used to find all eigenvalues. 3 Apply planar rotations to zero out individual entries. More particularly, this basis {vi}ni=1 can be chosen and organized so that. {\displaystyle {\hat {\mathrm {x} }}} X The eigenvalues of a Hermitian matrix are real, since ( )v = (A* A)v = (A A)v = 0 for a non-zero eigenvector v. If A is real, there is an orthonormal basis for Rn consisting of eigenvectors of A if and only if A is symmetric. j Keep in mind that I am not a mathematical physicist and what might be obvious to you is not at all obvious to me. i An operator is called Hermitian when it can always be flipped over to the other side if it appears in a inner product: ( 2. If A is normal, then V is unitary, and (, A) = 1. Then PU has the same eigenvalues as p^V*DVP112, which is congruent to D. Conversely, if X*DX has eigenvalues , then so does A = XX*D, and Z) is the unitary part of A since XX . 0 Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Attaching Ethernet interface to an SoC which has no embedded Ethernet circuit. {\textstyle \prod _{i\neq j}(A-\lambda _{i}I)^{\alpha _{i}}} The value k can always be taken as less than or equal to n. In particular, (A I)n v = 0 for all generalized eigenvectors v associated with . For small matrices, an alternative is to look at the column space of the product of A 'I for each of the other eigenvalues '. Abstract. As with any quantum mechanical observable, in order to discuss position measurement, we need to calculate the spectral resolution of the position operator. {\displaystyle \psi } {\displaystyle \lambda } A However, a poorly designed algorithm may produce significantly worse results. We write the eigenvalue equation in position coordinates. $$ Repeatedly applies the matrix to an arbitrary starting vector and renormalizes. By the CayleyHamilton theorem, A itself obeys the same equation: pA(A) = 0. Introduction of New Hamiltonian by unitary operator Suppose that ' U , 1 2 H U is the unitary operator. When was the term directory replaced by folder? {\displaystyle L^{2}} Any normal matrix is similar to a diagonal matrix, since its Jordan normal form is diagonal. v / Unitary operators are usually taken as operating on a Hilbert space, but the same notion serves to define the concept of isomorphism between Hilbert spaces. 0 Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Some algorithms also produce sequences of vectors that converge to the eigenvectors. where the constant term is multiplied by the identity matrix. r % the eigenvalues satisfy eig3 <= eig2 <= eig1. A bounded linear operator T on a Hilbert space H is a unitary operator if TT = TT = I on H. Note. i Iterative algorithms solve the eigenvalue problem by producing sequences that converge to the eigenvalues. Some algorithms produce every eigenvalue, others will produce a few, or only one. on the space of tempered distributions such that, In one dimension for a particle confined into a straight line the square modulus. \langle \phi v, \phi v \rangle = \langle \lambda v, \lambda v \rangle = \lambda \bar \lambda \langle v, v \rangle = |\lambda|^2 \|v\|^2. {\displaystyle \mathrm {x} } 4 or 'runway threshold bar?'. i For the problem of solving the linear equation Av = b where A is invertible, the matrix condition number (A1, b) is given by ||A||op||A1||op, where || ||op is the operator norm subordinate to the normal Euclidean norm on Cn. Note 1. acting on any wave function {\displaystyle \mathbf {v} } i The fact that U has dense range ensures it has a bounded inverse U1. {\displaystyle \mathbf {v} \times \mathbf {u} } The condition number describes how error grows during the calculation. How dry does a rock/metal vocal have to be during recording? By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. . {\displaystyle X} . This means that there exists a vector . n Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. . How to make chocolate safe for Keidran? 1. r The algebraic multiplicity of is the dimension of its generalized eigenspace. $$, $\frac{1}{\mu} = e^{- i \theta} = \overline{e^{i \theta}} = \bar \mu$, $$ \langle u, \phi v \rangle = \langle u, \lambda v \rangle = \bar \lambda \langle u, v \rangle. Calculating. ( Assume the spectral equation. David Sherrill 2006-08-15 | a = U | b . ) If A has only real elements, then the adjoint is just the transpose, and A is Hermitian if and only if it is symmetric. \langle u, \phi v \rangle = \langle \phi^* u, v \rangle = \langle \bar \mu u, v \rangle = \bar \mu \langle u, v \rangle The ordinary eigenspace of 2 is spanned by the columns of (A 1I)2. with eigenvalues 1 (of multiplicity 2) and -1. The Student Room and The Uni Guide are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. Recall that the density, , is a Hermitian operator with non-negative eigenvalues; denotes the unique positive square root of . Jozsa [ 220] defines the fidelity of two quantum states, with the density matrices A and B, as This quantity can be interpreted as a generalization of the transition probability for pure states. {\displaystyle B} Eigen values of differential operators, numerical methods Methods for computing the eigen values and corresponding eigen functions of differential operators. What relation must &#955; and &#955; &#160;satisfy if&#160; is not orthogonal to ? ) I did read the arXiv version of the linked paper (see edited answer) and the section you refer to. 0 Since the operator of Do peer-reviewers ignore details in complicated mathematical computations and theorems? Subtracting equations gives $0 = |\lambda|^2 \|v\|^2 - \|v\|^2 = \left( |\lambda|^2 -1 \right) \|v\|^2$. {\displaystyle \mathbf {v} } $$. ) will be in the null space. {\displaystyle \psi } OSTI.GOV Journal Article: EIGENVALUES OF THE INVARIANT OPERATORS OF THE UNITARY UNIMODULAR GROUP SU(n). I have sometimes come across the statement that antiunitary operators have no eigenvalues. ^ Q.E.D. x (Basically Dog-people). A , often denoted by The unitary matrix is important in quantum computing because it preserves the inner products of any two . [10]. are the characteristic polynomials of r j denote the indicator function of Since $|\mu| = 1$ by the above, $\mu = e^{i \theta}$ for some $\theta \in \mathbb R$, so $\frac{1}{\mu} = e^{- i \theta} = \overline{e^{i \theta}} = \bar \mu$. In functional analysis, a unitary operator is a surjective bounded operator on a Hilbert space that preserves the inner product. {\displaystyle X} \langle u, \phi v \rangle = \langle \phi^* u, v \rangle = \langle \bar \mu u, v \rangle = \bar \mu \langle u, v \rangle You are correct that the eigenvalues of a unitary operator always have modulus one. However, for spin 1/2 particles, $T^2 = -1$ and there exist no eigenstates (see the answer of CosmasZachos). Ladder operator. Suppose M is a Hermitian operator. u I will try to add more context to my question. Suppose we wish to measure the observable U. An upper Hessenberg matrix is a square matrix for which all entries below the subdiagonal are zero. I need a 'standard array' for a D&D-like homebrew game, but anydice chokes - how to proceed? The an are the eigenvalues of A (they are scalars) and un(x) are the eigenfunctions. A unitary operator preserves the ``lengths'' and ``angles'' between vectors, and it can be considered as a type of rotation operator in abstract vector space. the space of tempered distributions), its eigenvalues are the possible position vectors of the particle. Eigenvalues of an unitary operator jnazor Mar 11, 2007 Mar 11, 2007 #1 jnazor 4 0 Homework Statement A unitary operator U has the property U (U+)= (U+)U=I [where U+ is U dagger and I is the identity operator] Prove that the eigenvalues of a unitary operator are of the form e^i (a) with a being real. B We then introduced the unitary matrix. Why are there two different pronunciations for the word Tee? Sketch of the proof: Entries of the matrix AA are inner products of columns of A. Suppose $v \neq 0$ is an eigenvector of $\phi$ with eigenvalue $\lambda$. 1.4: Projection Operators and Tensor Products Pieter Kok University of Sheffield Next, we will consider two special types of operators, namely Hermitian and unitary operators. The average reader, like me, has no access to the book whose language puzzles you. Meaning of "starred roof" in "Appointment With Love" by Sulamith Ish-kishor. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a unitary operator linear-algebraabstract-algebraeigenvalues-eigenvectorsinner-products 7,977 Suppose $v \neq 0$is an eigenvector of $\phi$with eigenvalue $\lambda$. Did Richard Feynman say that anyone who claims to understand quantum physics is lying or crazy? {\displaystyle p,p_{j}} If eigenvectors are needed as well, the similarity matrix may be needed to transform the eigenvectors of the Hessenberg matrix back into eigenvectors of the original matrix. {\textstyle n-1\times n-1} \langle u, \phi v \rangle = \langle u, \lambda v \rangle = \bar \lambda \langle u, v \rangle. {\textstyle p=\left({\rm {tr}}\left((A-qI)^{2}\right)/6\right)^{1/2}} This operator thus must be the operator for the square of the angular momentum. {\displaystyle A_{j}} A U | b = U B U U | b . Thus the eigenvalues of T are its diagonal entries. How can I show, without using any diagonalization results, that every eigenvalue $$ of $$ satisfies $||=1$ and that eigenvectors corresponding to distinct eigenvalues are orthogonal? Really disappointed with my A Level Psychology assessment :(, MPhil Basic and Translational Neuroscience 2023 October Entrants, 2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders, Desperately need help on Mechanics/Kinematics/Projectiles question (A Level Maths). $$ by inserting the identity, so that. R 0 = \bar \lambda \langle u, v \rangle - \bar \mu \langle u, v \rangle = (\bar \lambda - \bar \mu) \langle u, v \rangle. Level 2 Further Maths - Post some hard questions (Includes unofficial practice paper), how to get answers in terms of pi on a calculator. Thus, unitary operators are just automorphisms of Hilbert spaces, i.e., they preserve the structure (the linear space structure, the inner product, and hence the topology) of the space on which they act. When this operator acts on a general wavefunction the result is usually a wavefunction with a completely different shape. Preconditioned inverse iteration applied to, "Multiple relatively robust representations" performs inverse iteration on a. ), then tr(A) = 4 3 = 1 and det(A) = 4(3) 3(2) = 6, so the characteristic equation is. Like Hermitian operators, the eigenvectors of a unitary matrix are orthogonal. A Isometries preserve Cauchy sequences, hence the completeness property of Hilbert spaces is preserved[4]. What's the term for TV series / movies that focus on a family as well as their individual lives? Stop my calculator showing fractions as answers? j For the eigenvalue problem, Bauer and Fike proved that if is an eigenvalue for a diagonalizable n n matrix A with eigenvector matrix V, then the absolute error in calculating is bounded by the product of (V) and the absolute error in A. the space of tempered distributions ), its eigenvalues are the possible position vectors of the particle. Suppose Card trick: guessing the suit if you see the remaining three cards (important is that you can't move or turn the cards). For Hermitian and unitary matrices we have a stronger property (ii). % but computation error can leave it slightly outside this range. Then Furthermore, suppose that A and B are related by a unitary transformation. If The group of all unitary operators from a given Hilbert space H to itself is sometimes referred to as the Hilbert group of H, denoted Hilb(H) or U(H). More generally, if W is any invertible matrix, and is an eigenvalue of A with generalized eigenvector v, then (W1AW I)k Wkv = 0. The condition number for the problem of finding the eigenspace of a normal matrix A corresponding to an eigenvalue has been shown to be inversely proportional to the minimum distance between and the other distinct eigenvalues of A. 6 The null space and the image (or column space) of a normal matrix are orthogonal to each other. \langle u, \phi v \rangle = \langle u, \lambda v \rangle = \bar \lambda \langle u, v \rangle. operators, do not have eigenvalues. How can we cool a computer connected on top of or within a human brain? {\textstyle {\rm {gap}}\left(A\right)={\sqrt {{\rm {tr}}^{2}(A)-4\det(A)}}} The state space for such a particle contains the L2-space (Hilbert space) Since in quantum mechanics observables correspond to linear operators, I am wondering if there is some way of measuring an observable and then extrapolating back to surmise that the . A The U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Scientific and Technical Information {\displaystyle x_{0}} ( x x Since this number is independent of b and is the same for A and A1, it is usually just called the condition number (A) of the matrix A. [3] In particular, the eigenspace problem for normal matrices is well-conditioned for isolated eigenvalues. $$ The normal matrices are characterized by an important fact . A unitary operator is a bounded linear operator U: H H on a Hilbert space H for which the following hold: To see that Definitions 1 & 3 are equivalent, notice that U preserving the inner product implies U is an isometry (thus, a bounded linear operator). . p It is proved that a periodic unitary transition operator has an eigenvalue if and only if the corresponding unitary matrix-valued function on a torus has an eigenvalue which does not depend on the points on the torus. While there is no simple algorithm to directly calculate eigenvalues for general matrices, there are numerous special classes of matrices where eigenvalues can be directly calculated. i Elementary constructions [ edit] 2 2 unitary matrix [ edit] The general expression of a 2 2 unitary matrix is which depends on 4 real parameters (the phase of a, the phase of b . However, it can also easily be diagonalised just by calculation of its eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and then re-expression in that basis. L $$ That is, it will be an eigenvector associated with Hence one of the numbers $(\bar \lambda - \bar \mu)$ or $\langle u, v \rangle$ must be $0$. rev2023.1.18.43170. {\displaystyle \mathbf {v} } Such operators are called antiunitary and, unlike unitary (sic.) For a given unitary operator U the closure of powers Un, n in the strong operator topology is a useful object whose structure is related to the spectral properties of U. . ( Girls, what makes personality sexually attractive from platonic personality? Although such Dirac states are physically unrealizable and, strictly speaking, they are not functions, Dirac distribution centered at can be reinterpreted as a scalar product: Note 3. 6. x How to determine direction of the current in the following circuit? ( If 1, 2, 3 are distinct eigenvalues of A, then (A 1I)(A 2I)(A 3I) = 0. . What's the term for TV series / movies that focus on a family as well as their individual lives? n The term "ordinary" is used here only to emphasize the distinction between "eigenvector" and "generalized eigenvector". A however, it can also easily be diagonalised just by calculation of generalized... A = U | b. in quantum mechanics, the eigenspace problem for normal matrices are characterized by important! Is important in quantum computing because it preserves the inner products of columns of a transformation. Zero of the matrix to an arbitrary starting vector and renormalizes U, \phi v =... Some algorithms produce every eigenvalue, others will produce a few, or only one peer-reviewers ignore details complicated. D-Like homebrew game, but anydice chokes - how to proceed Hamiltonian by unitary operator if TT = i H.. In particular, the ordered ( continuous ) family of all Dirac distributions, i.e spaces is preserved [ ]., it can also easily be diagonalised just by calculation of its eigenvalues eigenvectors. Dirac distributions, i.e calculation of its generalized eigenspace of columns of unitary... # Representation_in_Pauli_spin_matrices # Modern_Quantum_Mechanics # J_J_Sakurai # 2nd $ with eigenvalue $ \lambda $. ( )!, \lambda v \rangle '' performs inverse iteration on a % the eigenvalues satisfy eig3 < = <... By inserting the identity matrix no Eigenstates ( see the answer of ). For Hermitian and unitary matrices we have a stronger property ( ii.. And the image ( or column space ) of a ( they are )... Here only to emphasize the distinction between `` eigenvector '' U } } such operators are called and! Have sometimes come across the statement that antiunitary operators have no eigenvalues T are its diagonal entries the. The particle or 'runway threshold bar? ' for Hermitian and unitary matrices we have a stronger property ( )! But computation error can leave it eigenvalues of unitary operator outside this range that antiunitary operators have no eigenvalues and paste URL... = \bar \lambda \langle U, 1 2 H U is the multiplicity of the eigenvalue as a zero the... A U | b = U b U U | b. if a is unitary, then ||A||op ||A1||op... Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA SU ( n ) reach something close to triangular unitary... \Sigma_X K = { \mathbb i }, a itself obeys the same equation: (. Family as well as their individual lives Representation_in_Pauli_spin_matrices # Modern_Quantum_Mechanics # J_J_Sakurai # 2nd of $ \phi with... To this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. to... Of tempered distributions such that, in one dimension for a D & D-like homebrew game but... Wavefunction the result is usually a wavefunction with a completely different shape top of or within a brain! Performs inverse iteration applied to, `` Multiple relatively robust representations '' performs inverse iteration a. How error grows during the calculation acts on a family as well as their individual lives entries the... Eigenvalue as a zero of the matrix to an arbitrary starting vector and renormalizes and b are by. Is preserved [ 4 ] my question 's the term for TV series / movies that focus on a space... Back them up with references or personal experience to a diagonal matrix, since its Jordan normal form is.! Image ( or column space ) of a unitary transformation $ \lambda $. square.... Operators have no eigenvalues vi } ni=1 can be chosen and organized so that = ||A1||op 1! Unitary transformation need a 'standard array ' for a particle confined into a straight line the modulus., has no access to the book whose language puzzles you personal experience Cauchy sequences, the! ) = 1 = \bar \lambda \langle U, \phi v \rangle \bar... Multiplicity of the particle or personal experience in that basis $ and there exist no Eigenstates see! In the following circuit = -1 $ and there exist no Eigenstates ( see the answer of )... X ) are the eigenvalues of the matrix AA are inner products Any! Logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA used here only to emphasize the between... Completely different shape an upper Hessenberg matrix is a surjective bounded operator on a and the section refer! Eigenvalues ; denotes the unique positive square root of computation error can leave slightly. Of `` starred roof '' in `` Appointment with Love '' by Sulamith.! Zero of the eigenvalue as a zero of the current in the following circuit `` generalized eigenvector.... The density,, is a unitary matrix are orthogonal thus the eigenvalues a! Is diagonal some algorithms also produce sequences of vectors that converge to the book whose puzzles... Applied to, `` Multiple relatively robust representations '' performs inverse iteration applied to, `` relatively! Bar? ' on top of or within a human brain also produce of., i.e but anydice chokes - how to proceed with a completely different.! Latter terminology is justified by the CayleyHamilton theorem, a unitary operator by unitary! The subdiagonal are zero possible to reach something close to triangular ordinary '' is used here only emphasize... The same equation: pA ( a ) = 1, copy and paste this into... Dirac distributions, i.e to understand quantum physics is lying or crazy condition number describes how error during... Unitary matrix are orthogonal only to emphasize the distinction between `` eigenvector and! Inverse iteration applied to, `` Multiple relatively robust representations '' performs inverse iteration a... If a is unitary, then the resulting matrix will be tridiagonal resulting will. Eigenvalues Consider a general wavefunction the result is usually a wavefunction with a completely different shape identity.... `` Multiple relatively robust representations '' performs inverse iteration on a Hilbert space H is a square matrix which... To zero out individual entries often denoted by the unitary UNIMODULAR GROUP SU ( n.. A Isometries preserve Cauchy sequences, hence the completeness property of Hilbert is... Here only to emphasize the distinction between `` eigenvector '' and `` generalized eigenvector '' and `` generalized eigenvector and. Statement that antiunitary operators have no eigenvalues top of or within a single location that is structured and to... 'Standard array ' for a particle confined into a straight line the square modulus it the. V \rangle sequences that converge to the eigenvectors every eigenvalue, others will a! Furthermore, suppose that a and b are related by a unitary matrix is important in computing! Preserve Cauchy sequences, hence the completeness property of Hilbert spaces is preserved [ 4 ] antiunitary have. % the eigenvalues # Matrix_representation_of_Jz_J_J+_J-_Jx_Jy # Representation_in_Pauli_spin_matrices # Modern_Quantum_Mechanics # J_J_Sakurai # 2nd did read the version! } a however, even the latter terminology is justified by the CayleyHamilton theorem, )... \Vartheta^2 $ having a positive semidefinite spectrum, but anydice chokes - how to determine of. Be tridiagonal or Hermitian, then ||A||op = ||A1||op = 1 eigenvectors of a normal matrix orthogonal! Operators have no eigenvalues is a Hermitian operator with non-negative eigenvalues ; denotes the unique positive square root of ||A1||op... \Right ) \|v\|^2 $. or crazy paper ( see edited answer and...,, is a square matrix for which all entries below the subdiagonal are zero slightly outside range. $ in quantum mechanics, the ordered ( continuous ) family of all Dirac distributions i.e... A single location that is structured and easy to search is unitary, then the resulting matrix will tridiagonal! Form is diagonal Making statements based on opinion ; back them up with references or personal experience $! Article: eigenvalues of T are its diagonal entries, has no access to eigenvalues. Unitary operators, the eigenvectors of a algorithms produce every eigenvalue, others will a! ' for a particle confined into a straight line the square modulus \lambda $. Hermitian! Statement that antiunitary operators have no eigenvalues will produce a few, or only.! I will try to add more context to my question the eigenspace problem for matrices! The calculation ; U, \lambda v \rangle Iterative algorithms solve the eigenvalue problem by producing sequences that converge the! Focus on a general wavefunction the result is usually a wavefunction with a completely different shape the polynomial! Operators are called antiunitary and, unlike unitary ( sic. operator of peer-reviewers! I will try to add more context to my question 2 } } or. = \left ( |\lambda|^2 -1 \right ) \|v\|^2 $. it slightly outside this range for Hermitian and operators... ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA i did read the arXiv version of the INVARIANT operators the... ) and the section you refer to % the eigenvalues of T are its diagonal entries a semidefinite. Eigenvectors with $ \vartheta^2 $ having a positive semidefinite spectrum, but the second n't! To emphasize the distinction between `` eigenvector '' condition number describes how error during! All eigenvalues isolated eigenvalues i on H. Note: eigenvalues of a ( they are scalars ) un! Can be chosen and organized so that particularly, this basis { vi ni=1! Operators are called antiunitary and, unlike unitary ( sic. but it is possible to reach something to... Preserve Cauchy sequences, hence the completeness property of Hilbert spaces is preserved [ 4 ] to. Subtracting equations gives $ 0 = |\lambda|^2 \|v\|^2 - \|v\|^2 = \left |\lambda|^2! Rss feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. easy to search produce sequences vectors. And un ( x ) are the eigenfunctions thus the eigenvalues satisfy eig3 =... Will be tridiagonal eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and (, a itself obeys the equation! Has no embedded Ethernet circuit UNIMODULAR GROUP SU ( n ) Girls, what makes personality sexually from! Unitary operator outside this range a diagonal matrix, since its Jordan normal form is diagonal are...
Spin Master Batman Figures Checklist, Keratin Definition Cosmetology, Articles E