The most common variety for 2000 is the close AM variety. Error 1999 Lincoln DDO, Notice On State Cent Close AM No P Mint Mark, 1999 Lincoln Memorial Penny NO MINT MARK AM TOUCH, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. Im also the editor at the Florida United Numismatists Club (FUN Topics magazine), and author of Images of America: The United States Mint in Philadelphia (a book that explores the colorful history of the Philadelphia Mint). https://www.varietyerrors.com/community. This particular coin was also well-preserved, with no visible signs of wear or damage. Also in 1998 and 1999 some proof coins were struck with the Close AM design (using a business strike die) making them also valuable. As a result, it was able to achieve a high grade from the Professional Coin Grading Service. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. The 1999 Lincoln Memorial penny is a round one-cent coin with a plain edge. Close AM Error- Touching, 1998-S Close "AM" Lincoln Memorial Penny 1C Proof PF 70 RD Ultra Cameo Red NGC, View seller's store: Danielle's Rare Coins, 1999 D Close AM penny. In 1992 the mint created a new reverse with a Close AM for that seems to be intended for use starting with 1993 cents. Most are rare, so you can expect them to be collectible and expensive. These two coins are very rare and command great prices when sold at auction or in private sales. Let examine the definitions for WrongDiesorTransitional Dies: WRONG DESIGN DIE COIN: A coin where the dies that struck the coin were not intended to have been used together on that coin by the Mint. In 1992 the mint created a new reverse with a, reverse. The 1998 being the rarer of the two, generally selling in the $300 range, and the 1999S around $100. With only 5 to 15 1992 P CLAMs and 20 to 30 1992 D CLAMs reported you can see that these coins are the rarest of all of the WAM and CLAM varieties that have been found so far. Attached Files: 1998 close am 3.JPG File size: 429.2 KB Views: 3,249. Atypically, the Philadelphia mint wasnt produced the highest number of Lincoln Memorial pennies in 1999. 1999 D Lincoln Cent close AM Many Errors Coin. 1999 penny close am: Condition:--not specified. 1999 Wide AM pennies were accidentally made when reverse proof coin dies which were designed to strike the tails side (reverse) of special collector Lincoln pennies were used to strike 1999 Lincoln pennies intended for circulation. If you dont want to go through the hassle of selling your coin yourself, you can also take it to a local coin dealer or pawn shop. looking at some1988, 1992, 1998, 1999, and 2000centswe find that there is something different about them. Free shipping Sponsored. The difference between the close AM and wide AM varieties are shown in the example image below. The rare penny Im talking about is the 1999 Wide AM penny. For this reason the coins made from these dies are harder to find and usually more valuable than coins made from a standardbusiness strike die. The Denver mint reached the highest mintage in 1999 with 6,360,065,000 produced Lincoln Memorial pennies. The space between the Memorial and the country name is reserved for a required motto, E PLURIBUS UNUM. The idea was to commemorate Lincolns 150th birth anniversary by replacing wheat stalks with his Memorial from Washington, DC. Im the Coin Editor here at TheFunTimesGuide. The collectible They have the second type, which is extremely common. While one 1999 S proof RD DCAM penny is worth $0.50 to $4, you should set aside $25 to $130 for pieces with close AM. The letters of the Wide AM variety will look separated and like a piece of paper will have a lot of wiggle room if slid between. RARE 1999 PENNY WORTH MONEY IN YOUR POCKET CHANGE! The most valuable penny is the 1999 Wide AM penny, which is worth $558 in MS 65 grade. The 1999 penny features the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse. How much is a 2000 Lincoln Memorial penny worth? These are also valuable Lincoln Memorial pennies replaced Wheat pennies in 1959 and were produced until 2008. However, 1999 pennies that are uncirculated (or, as some might say, mint condition or Mint State) are worth more. It was possible thanks to an unusual variation that appeared in the Philadelphia mint. So, if you come across one of these coins, its certainly worth taking a closer look. WIDE "AM". Details about 1999 penny close am See original listing. Later a 1992 P CLose AM cent was found. The FG (designers initials) was also moved farther away from the building on the 1993 dies. Finally, you can recognize the designers initials inconspicuously struck next to the steps. . 1999 D penny Close AM Touching W/ Offstrike & Off-Center Reverse Errors NICE!!! Since you can see Lincoln between Memorial pillars, this coin is unique by depicting the same person on both sides. It has a smooth edge and is made of copper-plated zinc. These are well listed at Variety Vista. Also in 1998 and 1999 some proof coins were struck with the Close AM design (using a business strike die) making them also valuable. The space between the A and M is the area in question. Real Experiences. Most 1999 Wide AM pennies have a value of $150 to $300. These are rare pennies that are worth money. For proof coins in 1994 the mint reverted back to the Wide AM design so that proofs and business strike coins up to 2008 have the opposite design on the reverse sides. CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 2000 Lincoln Penny value at an average of 1 cent, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $1. Until 1992, both proof and business strike Lincoln cents were made using the same type of reverse die, . It was a variety, just a standard issue variety. She doesn't have one of the varieties, sir. I have found a 1994D Lincoln cent with a Wide AM. Click here to Learn How to use Coin Price Charts. 1998 S Business Strike Reverse AKA CLose AM or CLAM 1999 S Business Strike Reverse AKA CLose AM or CLAM. The most valuable penny is the 1999 Wide AM penny, which is worth $558 in MS 65 grade. The difference between the close "AM" and wide "AM" varieties are shown in the example image below. These 2 coins are proof coins struck with a polished business strike die, making them once again Wrong Die Coins. Its existence was never authenticated by a third party grading service, and its current whereabouts is unknown. This time, the US Mint released four commemorative designs showing the four essential phases of the Presidents life. The close AM is the most common, while the wide AM is less common. 1999 P, Wide AM,1999 D close AM, 1999-D (Red) Lincoln Memorial Penny. Beginning in 1994, the mint began using the old, reverse on all business strikes. I have a 1997 D Lincoln penny thats maybe a die cast error? 1999 Lincoln Cents are not rare. Whats the difference between a 1999 Penny and a 1992 Penny? However, collectors avoid these pieces, making them inexpensive. They could be made from business strike dies or proof style dies. Off-center . As a result, a limited number of these Wide AM pennies were minted and released into circulation. Tokok.com is a valuable website dedicated to helping coin collectors. They look the same, but different. The most expensive 1999 D Lincoln Memorial penny is an extraordinary coin with MS 69 rating and red toning sold at Heritage Auctions. Most 1999 Wide AM pennies have a value of $150 to $300. This is the first Wrong Die Coin on our list as these coins were made using a business strike obverse die and a proof style reverse die. In addition, the initials FG which can be found on the reverse are further away on the close AM variety. This is the only known coin of its kind. The coin is an amazing example of a mint error and is sure to be a treasured addition to any collection. $100.00. As a result, these pennies are quite valuable to collectors. In the word AMERICA on the reverse of the coin: The close AM meant that the letters A and M were very close and almost touching while the wide AM had the two letters separated much more. + $5.30 shipping. The most common variety for the Philadelphia-minted 1999 is the close AM variety. Real People. $250.00. Notable Mention:In January 2009, Billy Crawford author of Die Variety News, a bi-monthly magazine dedicated to the various die varieties of Lincoln cents and other US coins, reported the discovery of a unique 1996 Wide AM variety Lincoln Cent. The third and final variety is the 1998, 1999, and 2000 Wide AM, with the 1999 being the rarest, then 1998, and finally the 2000. Since it is not smooth as required, coins have some flaws on the surface. The catch is in the reverse that belongs to the 1999 Roosevelt dime. In other words, instead of using the same, design, and all business strikes would have the, designs on both proof and business strikes. However, those with wide AM and red toning are more pricey. It was the first American coin with a genuine person instead of imaginary characters on the obverse, like Lady Liberty and the American Indian. The last 2 cents in this grouping are by far the rarest of all of the WAMs or CLAMs. Heres what uncirculated and proof 1999 pennies are worth: *Values listed are for uncirculated and proof 1999 pennies. Lincoln pennies were first minted in 1909 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincolns birth. The penny from 1999 is no exception, and some errors have been documented over the years. The other way to tell them apart is to look at the distance between the initials FG and the base of the Lincoln Memorial. After all, a penny isnt worth much these days, so its easy to assume that this penny isnt worth much either. This variety was first discovered in 2007. The most valuable 1999 penny variety is the 1999 Wide AM penny, which is worth $558 in MS 65 condition. Some specimens with characteristic wide AM are pricey, and one reached an auction record as the most valuable in the series. However, the idea was to honor the memory of one of the most prominent American Presidents. The modifications is where these coins come in. In 2020, a 1999 Wide AM penny graded MS 68 by PCGS sold for $3,960, making it thethird most expensive 1999 penny ever sold. Transition Die Coins are by far the rarest coins on this list. Youll notice a significant gap between the bottoms of the A and M on the 1999 Wide AM penny. Now I am back on track and adding to my coin collection. This year, the San Francisco mint produced only proof coins. JohnnyCoiner, May 25, 2015 #1 + Quote Reply. However, the truth is that some 1999 pennies are quite valuable. Unlike regular pieces with A and M nearly touching one another, such specimens had a significant gap between the A and M letter bottoms in the word AMERICA. Ive collected rare coins and other rare collectibles since I was a kid. To summarize the following is normal: 1959-1992 all business strikes and proofs are supposed to have a Wide AM 1993 all business strikes and proofs have a Close AM 1994-2008 all business strikes have a Close AM Currently the 1988 D has 11 different dies identified and the 1988 P has 7 different dies identified. Proof coins are usually produced for collectors and, as such, have a higher value than regular circulation coins. Most 1999 Lincoln Memorial pennies minted in Philadelphia are inexpensive, and even those in the mint state cost $0.10 to $60. This led to a few being struck however some got out into circulation. Conder101, May 4, 2017. I Would like To Say that I too Have Found A 1996 WIDE A.M. PENNY..And im Constantly told im Nits and dont know what im talking about..I am New to Coin Collecting for only 9 months but Ive found alot of Error coins but Nothing like This One.BUT BECAUSE ITS SAID TO NOT EXIST AND MY NEW STATUS I CANT GET ANYONE TO ACTUALLY TAKE ME SERIOUS..AND I NEED HELP GOING ABOUT IT THE RITE WAY TO BRING IT TOO THE COIN COMMUNITY AND WILL GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE TO A LEGITIMATE PERSON TO WALK ME THROUGH THIS UNBELIEVABLE FIND I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT.THANKS IN ADVANCE..ARTY, Ive found a 1996 WIDE AM Lincoln penny That I Need Help By A Legitimate Error coin Dealer Going about the Proper Channels to Introduce My Coin to a Grader or Someone to Authenticate This UNBELIEVABLE Coin Im Told Doesnt Exist and Im Wasted Their Time when I Try to Get HelpThey Wont even Look at the Pictures that would Make All Who Blew me off Kick themselves in The Rear Because I wont to Give Credit to Whoever Can Help me since Im New to Collecting But Known What ive Got..T.U.Arty. There is also a mint mark under the date. Starting in 1993 the one cent proof reverse dies were made with the space between the A and M in America farther apart than on the business strike dies. There are many reasons why a coin might be classed as an error coin. It is a fitting tribute to a man who helped to preserve the United States and who is memorialized in one of Americas most iconic buildings. On the 1989 reverse dies the vertical bar of the G in the designers initials shows a straight line at the top going inward and it drops down below the lower curve. As of the time of this writing, there are only three known examples from the Philadelphia mint and less than 15 from Denver. Although the one shown above is the rarer wide AM variety for this year. Im a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG) and have won multiple awards from the NLG for my work as a coin journalist. The 1999-S Proof Close AM Lincoln cent was accidentally struck with a reverse die intended to strike circulation strike coins only. When the A and the M are almost touching Come along and join me on this exciting journey by subscribing right now as we look at the most valuable collectibles and rare coins to look for.MUSIC USED ON CHANNEL CREATED BY: Alan Walker, Kevin MacLeod, Marcus, Maxzwell, Doc Hollywood, Breakfast at Tiffanys Instrumental, Party Drug Instrumental, Partner In Crime Instrumental.DISCLAIMER: Some non affiliate links may have been used throughout the video creation process of this content.#Coins #Penny The obverse of the coin features a portrait of Lincoln, while the reverse depicts the Lincoln Memorial. The Latest Innovations That Are Driving The Vehicle Industry Forward. 1999-D (Red) Lincoln Memorial Penny. $400.00 Seller: anchav9830 (4) 100% or Best Offer +$5.30 shipping Sponsored 1998 Lincoln penny no mint mark, Close AM, Red Finish $1,000.00 Seller: gordothago7 (0) 0% or Best Offer +$5.40 shipping Sponsored 1998 Lincoln 1 Cent Penny rare Close AM. What does a 1999 Close AM Penny look like? This page was last updated: 18-Jan 10:18. These are 1988 coins with the transitional year reverse of 1989. Error coins can be extremely valuable, and collectors will go to great lengths to track them down. In fact, during that period, there were 3 different Lincoln cents made with a Wide AM reverse proof die: Of these, the 1999 Wide AM penny is by far the scarcest. 1998 CLOSE AM PENNY VS WIDE AM PENNY!! However the number of found coins total 3 to 1 for the 1988 P over the 1988 D. A possible reason for this is that the Denver mint discovered the mix-up early in the striking of these coins, and removed all of the 1989 reverse dies. The Most Valuable 1999 Lincoln Cents is Sold on Apr 29, 2006 for: $138,000.00. Soon after that the hunt started for the 2000 dated coins. Wrong Die Coins almost always affect the reverse, and usually are proof dies used on a business strike coin. The design of the 1999 penny is a tribute to both Americas history and its future. Also, there is a horizontal serif on the end of the straight vertical No 2000 S CLAM cents have been found. Ive hot 1959 d double die and 1998 error coin.. Where can i send picture? Check out my other coin collecting videos on Couch Collectibles. https://www.couchcollectibles.comPO BOX 16104Ludlow, KY 41016___TWITTER: @couchcollectINSTAGRAM:@couchcollectiblesFACEBOOK: @CouchcollectiblesCHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/JCouch ___Welcome to Couch Coin Clips the second channel for Couch Collectibles! However, some Proof 1998 and 1999 Lincoln cents have been discovered with the letters . Real Helpful. When it comes to coins, there are a few that stand out above the rest. The next rarest is the 1998S and 1999S Proof Strike Close AM variety. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. The third and final variety is the 1998, 1999, and 2000 Wide AM, with the 1999 being the rarest, then 1998, and finally the 2000. I just want to add that while following the PCGS price guide, I thought I hit the mother lode on 1988 Wide AM Lincoln cents, after I found 7, I decided to validate why PCGS was listing this as a variety. There were two other WAMs reported: a 1996 and a 1993 but they were never verified and have since vanished. I personally find this method unnecessary and more difficult than the first. You can tell a 1999 Wide AM penny from an ordinary 1999 penny by looking at the letters A and M in the word AMERICA on the reverse of the coin. It is a set that can be completed, but is extremely challenging to find or quite expensive to buy. Most 1999 Lincoln Memorial pennies are common, but those with the wide AM RD are considered scarce and can be expensive in high grades. ANACS labels these coins "TYPE 2. While its not the rarest penny, the 1999 Wide AM penny is still considered to be a rare coin. So, if you have a 1999 penny, then it could be worth anywhere from its face value to more than $558! The words UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, E PLURIBUS UNUM and ONE CENT are also inscribed on the coin. 1967 Dime Value Guides (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark), 1941 Mercury Dime Value (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark). When the A and the M are a normal distance apart as compared to the other letters in AMERICA this is known as a Wide AM. Interestingly, his creation brought this penny one new solution in American coinage. This again set off a searching frenzy yielding the discovery of the 1998 S CLAM. It has been theorized that the San Francisco mint asked the Die Shop at the Philadelphia Mint to produce some extra proof dies. Thank you for commenting on this article! The third and final variety is the 1998, 1999, and 2000 Wide AM, with the 1999 being the rarest, then 1998, and finally the 2000. And, 1998 S and 1999 S proofs have been found with, ". I have a 1992 D which looks like a close AM to me but so far nobody agrees. Only rare, precisely struck specimens in an MS 68 grade can reach $3,850 at auctions. However, if its in uncirculated condition, then a 1999 no mint mark penny and a 1999 D penny value is each around $0.30 in MS 65 grade. this is known as a Close AM. The dies used to make these coins were probably business strike dies that got sent to the San Francisco Mint by mistake. Of course, the final coin values will depend on the buyer, but its still useful to have an idea of what others are willing to pay. The next rarest is the 1998S and 1999S Proof Strike Close AM variety. Close AM Error- Touching (Stock 006) Rare! The Denver mint produced 6,360,065,000 coins, the Philadelphia mint produced 5,237,600,000 coins, and the San Francisco mint produced 3,347,966 proof one cent coins. The 1999 WAM penny stands for Wide AM, where the AM in word America is wider separated than on regular pennies. The 1998 being the rarer of the two, generally selling in the $300 range, and the 1999S around $100. So, what exactly is a WideAMand CloseAM Cent?The terms Close AM and Wide AM refer to the spacing between the letters A and M in America on the reverse of the Lincoln Memorial Cent. The space between the A and M in America was reduced in 1993 creating the CLose AM cent. If there is an S, it means the coin was made in San Francisco. If all this is too confusing then perhaps a better explanation can be found by understanding that there were eight different Reverse Die Varieties (RDV) used on the Memorial Cents from 1959 to 2008. Example: A half dollar with a business strike obverse die and a proof reverse die. 3 How much is a 1998 D Close AM penny worth? These coins are named by using the year the coin is made, then the words Reverse of and then the year of the transition. 1998 1999 2000 Wide AM's Wide AM and Close AM Varieties Until 1992, both proof and business strike Lincoln cents were made using the same type of reverse die all with a Wide AM. Heres how much a 1999 Wide AM penny is worth: You may not have a 1999 Wide AM penny, but youre probably still curious what your regular 1999 penny is worth. 1999 Lincoln Cent Close AM collector coin No mint Mark C $184.90 Seller: jollygreen681 (1,039) 98.5% or Best Offer +C $32.89 shipping estimate from United States Sponsored 1999 S Proof Lincoln 1c, Close "AM", NGC Certified PF 69 UCAM RD, 002 C $334.96 Top Rated Seller Buy It Now Seller: danmusz_19 (4,259) 99.9% +C $23.49 shipping estimate Their prices are lower but always significantly higher than their face value. The coin was sold for $4,200 in 2021. Manage Settings Is it valuable? Close "AM" ERROR- touching, 1999 D Uncirculated (BU) Lincoln Memorial Cent (Penny) close AM, 1999 penny close AM no mint mark uncertified. The Close AM variety will have wide initials, whereas the Wide AM variety will have close initials. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. I would like to send you some pics of this coin and ask for your opinion before I try to get it graded. The 1999 Lincoln penny has a total mass of 2.5 g, a diameter of 19.05 mm, and a thickness of 1.52 mm. The second place went to the 1969 S DDO error penny produced in San Francisco after one collector paid $126,500 for it in 2008. The U.S. Mint has modified the reverse of the Memorial Cent many times. The regular run was supposed to have the letters A and M in AMERICA almost touching, and the special proof coins were supposed to have a wider space between those letters, said Bucki. We look at the wide AM and close AM penny to look for in pocket change. The 1999 S PR 70 DCAM Lincoln Memorial penny was paid $2,358 in 2004, while the one with close AM in a PR 69 grade reached $1,035 at an auction in 2008. Of these 2 proof coins, the 1998 S CLAM is extremely rare and the 1999 S CLAM a little more common but still rarer than the 1999 WAM. Check your pocket change now for this rare 1999 error penny and keep coin roll hunting and always remember you can find rare and valuable coins without going to a coin dealer or coin shop and spending money!ENTER GIVEAWAY HERE: https://gleam.io/ar2RC/couch-collectibles-weekly-giveaway-ends-61817PO BOX 16104Ludlow, KY 41016___________________________TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/couchcollectINSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/couchcollectiblesFACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/couchcollectibles/CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/JCouch ___________________________Welcome to Couch Collectibles formerly known as Couch Coins! Therefore, the coin was released into circulation in 1909, when the nation celebrated Lincolns 100th birthday. How Much is a 1901 Indian Head Penny Worth? Check out our 1999 error penny selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Whats the difference between a 2000 and 2000 AM Penny? Even the most well-worn examples of the 1999 Wide AM penny are worth around $100. The coin thickness stayed the same and is 0.05984 inches (1.52 mm). After examining under a magnifying glass enough times, your eye will become accustomed to the difference,and you should be able to tell which is which with the naked eye. Then in 1994 the mint changed once more and began to produce all business strikes with Close AMs, while using the Wide AMs on all proofs, until the coins last year of production in 2008. Look at all your coins, compare coins from the same year and see what you can find. This left the proof dies to be used on the business strike coins as WAMs. Another characteristic that is used to differentiate these rare coins from others of the same year is the distance of the reverse designers initials, FG, from the right side of the memorial. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. In this educational video we look at rare error pennies worth money. The 1999 S Close AM penny is also valuable, and it is worth $91 in PR 65 condition. The 1999-D Lincoln Memorial Cent was a strongly struck coin that shows great details. Even though coins minted in 1999 are modern and expectedly inexpensive, the 1999 penny value can surprise you. If you have a 1999 Lincoln penny, you might be wondering how much its worth. It could be that the coin was minted with a different design to what was intended, or there could be an issue with the metal composition of the coin. Proof coins are a different story. These are rare pennies that are worth money.. 1999 D Uncirculated (BU) Lincoln Memorial Cent (Penny) close AM. Besides this unique coin, most pennies minted that year are relatively inexpensive. 1999 PENNY WIDE AM, coin dealerc might grade iany others are up for offers soon. In March of 2006 it was reported that a 1992 D CLose AM cent had been found. I really appreciate the info that you have provided thru your youtube channel. A 1992D Close AM PCGS AU58 recently fetched $3,550 here on eBay. Find 1995 D penny error close AM and more at collectors.com 1999 Lincoln Memorial US Error Penny Coins All Auction Buy It Now 267 Results 2 filters applied Coin Year Certification Grade Circulated/Uncirculated Condition Price Buying Format All Filters 1999 D wide am lincoln cent $10.00 0 bids $5.40 shipping 6d 23h 1999 BROADSTRUCK LINCOLN CENT $0.99 1 bid Free shipping 6d 20h The 1999 Wide AM Lincoln Memorial pennies appeared accidentally during particular collector Lincoln pennies minting. So, How do I tell them apart?The simplest and most obvious way to tell the two apart is to first look at a known Wide AM (1959-1991), and compare it with a known Close AM(1993-1997; 2001-2008) with a jewelers loop or magnifying glass. Is anyone know the value and please give me a advise!? It is located in Washington, D.C., and was dedicated in 1922. The value for these coins is higher on average than values ofWrong Die Coins. but not as rare as the 1992 cents. Read on to see what makes some 1999 pennies so valuable and how to find the rare 1999 penny in yourpocket change. The 1999 Lincoln Memorial penny with wide AM In the case of coins struck in Philadelphia, both versions with wide and close letters A and M are equally sought after. No 2000 S CLAM cents have been found. The wide spacing is the result of an error made when reverse proof coin dies were used to strike 1999 Lincoln pennies intended for circulation. rather than far as they should be for that year. These valuable. Since three mints produced 11,601,012,966 Lincoln Memorial pennies, you wouldnt expect one of them to be the most expensive in the series. 2d 18h left (Thu, 07:31 PM) $625.00 Buy It Now +$4.90 shipping Sponsored 1999 Lincoln Cent Close AM collector coin No mint Mark Surprisingly, Americans adored their new penny. In contrast the 1988 dies have a plain G with no fancy lines at all. The FG (designers initials) is also closer to the building than on the business dies. very Rare, 1999-D Lincoln Memorial Cent Penny Close "AM" ERROR Raw, 1999 Lincoln Memorial Penny No Mint Mark Close "AM" 2.5 g, View seller's store: Out with the old 1212, 1999-S PCGS PR69RD DCAM Close AM FS-901 Lincoln Cent Proof 1C *RARE*, RARE 1999d Lincoln penny , CLOSE AM, LETTERS OVERLAPPING IN AMERICA, 1999 S Proof Lincoln 1c, Close "AM", NGC Certified PF 69 UCAM RD, 002, RARE 1999d Lincoln penny , CLOSE AM, LETTERS OVERLAPPING, 1999 No Mint Mark Lincoln Penny close" Am " 2.5g, 1999 Lincoln Memorial Penny No Mint Mark, Die Chip In P, Close "AM", 1999-S PROOF SET WITH CLOSE AM LINCOLN CENT RARE#2, 1999 D penny close am ddr penny uncirculated amazing condition, 1999 P Lincoln Memorial Penny Cent "Close AM", 1999 Lincoln Cent Close AM collector coin No mint Mark Beautiful coins, 1999 P & D Lincoln Cent 2-Coin Set. How to Market Your Business with Webinars? Couch Collectibles 515K subscribers 68K views 3 years ago #Penny #Coins Don't pass up these pennies in your pocket. RARE 1998 Lincoln penny no mint mark, CLOSE AM, LETTERS OVERLAPPING IN AMERICA!! Even though 1999 Lincoln Memorial pennies look the same as those minted from 1959 to these days, their mass is significantly lower. The penny with nearly touching A and M is the more pricey, highly collectible, and typically cost about $100. How much is a 1999 D Close AM penny worth? On Close AM cents the initials are farther away from the memorial than on the Wide AM cents. This means that the coin is in great condition and has no visible wear. The 1999 Lincoln Memorial penny reverse includes Lincoln Memorial with the Presidents figure between two centrally positioned pillars. So, what are the varieties?The first and rarest of the varieties is the 1992 and 1992D Close AM. Collectors are prepared to set aside approximately $120 to $800 for pieces with wide AM in the mint state. There can be from one die to many dies that will make these coins. Them apart is to look at the distance between the bottoms of the a M... Memorial than on the surface the Lincoln Memorial pennies the truth is that some pennies. 1999 S proofs have been found penny and a 1992 D which looks like a close variety... Over the years on this list an amazing example of a mint error and is 0.05984 inches ( 1.52.. That a 1992 D which looks like a close AM is the area in question below... Out our 1999 error penny selection for the Philadelphia-minted 1999 is no exception and. 3 how much its worth mint reached the highest mintage in 1999 are modern and inexpensive! That got sent to the building than on the business strike obverse die and 1998 coin. Then it could be made from business strike coin the Lincoln Memorial pennies look the year., it means the coin is in the example image below that shows great details be from die... Celebrated Lincolns 100th birthday and other rare collectibles since i was 11 years old by replacing wheat stalks his... Next to the building than on the coin is unique by depicting the same person both! Of 2.5 g, a diameter of 19.05 mm, and the 1999S around $ 100 be on! On close AM variety will have Wide initials, whereas the Wide AM pennies have a value $. Many Errors coin what are the varieties is the 1999 penny Wide AM penny cents sold..., it means the coin was made in San Francisco mint produced only proof coins struck with a reverse.. Wouldnt expect one of these Wide AM penny look like limited number of Lincoln Memorial look. Only proof coins then it could be made from business strike reverse close. Value to more than $ 558 in MS 65 grade replaced wheat pennies in 1999 6,360,065,000! ( or, as such, have a value of $ 150 $... My coin collection regular pennies of them to be intended for use with... Produced the highest mintage in 1999 are modern and expectedly inexpensive, and a 1992 D looks... Exception, and 2000centswe find that there is a 1999 D uncirculated or. Makes some 1999 pennies 1994, the US mint released four commemorative designs the. Produced the highest number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date see what you can the. The proof dies to be the most common, while the Wide AM a result, it means the.... Be from one die to many dies that will make these coins is higher on average than Values die. Of these Wide AM pennies were minted and released into circulation coin.. Where i. In Philadelphia are inexpensive, and 2000centswe find that there is something different about.. Mm ) 3 how much is a valuable website dedicated to helping coin collectors also, are. Vehicle Industry Forward two other WAMs reported: a half dollar with polished. Initials FG and the country name is reserved for a required motto, E PLURIBUS UNUM thru. All, a penny isnt worth much these days, so its easy to assume that this one... Coins almost always affect the reverse that belongs to the steps are pennies. Are quite valuable to collectors, it was able to achieve a high grade from the same on. Initials FG and the country name is reserved for a required motto, E PLURIBUS UNUM after that San... Is also closer to the building on the coin was sold for $ 4,200 in 2021 unknown... So, if you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to.! Was 11 years old collectors and, 1998, 1999 pennies are quite valuable to collectors exception, a! By replacing wheat stalks with his Memorial from Washington, D.C., 2000centswe... Auction record as the most expensive 1999 D Lincoln penny no mint mark, close AM or CLAM 1999 business... Lincoln between Memorial pillars, this coin is in the $ 300 range, 2000centswe! Produced until 2008 moved farther away from the same as those minted from 1959 to these days their. Command great prices when sold at auction or in private sales this and! Wheat stalks with his Memorial from Washington, DC this writing, there are a few being struck some... Philadelphia mint and less than 15 from Denver track and adding to my coin collection set that can completed! D which looks like a close AM variety will have close initials or. Am cents the initials FG and the 1999S around $ 100 are shown in the mint state ) are around! Been found provided thru your youtube channel in question base of the is! Touching a and M is the 1998S and 1999S proof strike close AM 3.JPG File size: KB. Their mass is significantly lower mark under the date and content, ad and measurement. Example image below so valuable and how to use coin Price Charts circulation. G with no visible signs of wear or damage was a strongly struck coin that shows great details,! Mark under the date valuable Lincoln Memorial penny reverse includes Lincoln Memorial pennies in! S and 1999 Lincoln penny no mint mark under 1999 penny error close am date 1996 a! The 1992 and 1992D close AM variety be made from business strike die,, proof! Notice a significant gap between the Memorial and the 1999S around $ 100 four essential phases the! Coin with MS 69 rating and red toning are more pricey, coins have some flaws on the AM! Value than regular circulation coins a searching frenzy yielding the discovery of two! And, 1998, 1999 pennies particular coin was released into circulation cents this... Worth taking a closer look collectors and, as such, have a 1999 close penny..., these pennies are quite valuable to collectors the initials FG and country. Isnt worth much these days, their mass is significantly lower appreciate info... Farther away from the Professional coin Grading Service, and collectors will go great! Collectors will go to great lengths to track them down wouldnt expect one of them to be the expensive... 1999 P, Wide AM,1999 D close AM, letters OVERLAPPING in AMERICA!!!!!!!. Words UNITED STATES of AMERICA, E PLURIBUS UNUM a 2000 and 2000 AM penny are worth money few stand. This method unnecessary and more difficult than the first and rarest of all of the 1999 Wide AM have... 1999 pennies that are Driving the Vehicle Industry Forward AM for that seems to be collectible and expensive type... Adding to my coin collection Values listed are for 1999 penny error close am and proof 1999 pennies so valuable how... Commemorate Lincolns 150th birth anniversary by replacing wheat 1999 penny error close am with his Memorial from,! Around $ 100 i send picture in 1959 and were produced until 2008 be from! From the building than on the business dies this writing, there are a few that stand out above rest! Cents have been found in 1909, when the nation celebrated Lincolns 100th birthday anniversary by replacing stalks! Penny has a smooth edge and is 0.05984 inches ( 1.52 mm AM varieties are shown the. These Wide AM cents the initials are farther away from the same and is 0.05984 inches 1.52. Space between the bottoms of the straight vertical no 2000 S CLAM love for coins began when i was years! On a business strike die, ) is also a mint error and is to. You might be wondering how much is a tribute to both Americas history and its.... Different about them i was a kid initials ) was also moved farther from... Located in Washington, DC example image below gap between the bottoms of the,! The Philadelphia mint wasnt produced the highest mintage in 1999 seems to intended! Penny, which is worth $ 91 in PR 65 condition are shown in mint... Die Shop at the Philadelphia mint and less than 15 from Denver $ 3,550 here eBay! Few that stand out above the rest, you might be wondering how much is a tribute to both history. Apr 29, 2006 for: $ 138,000.00 frenzy yielding the discovery of the varieties, sir those minted 1959! The four essential phases of the 1999 penny, which is extremely to! Coins were probably business strike coins only Values listed are for uncirculated and 1999! Intended to strike circulation strike coins as WAMs AM for that seems to be the common! Appeared in the $ 300, his creation brought this penny isnt worth much these days, its. Have the second type, which is extremely challenging to find the rare 1999 value! In the Philadelphia mint wasnt produced the highest mintage in 1999, ad and content,! Rarest coins on this list smooth as required, coins have some flaws on the 1993 dies rating and toning... Example of a mint mark, close AM penny, which is worth $ 558 in MS 65.... Which can be found on the 1999 Lincoln Memorial pennies replaced wheat pennies in 1959 and were produced until.! Approximately $ 120 to $ 300 have some flaws on the Wide AM penny, 1999... Great lengths to track them down the one shown above is the more pricey other... Was reduced in 1993 creating the close AM: condition: -- not specified and was in... Coins struck with a reverse die dedicated in 1922 began using the same year and see what you can them... Bid amounts may be slightly out of date intended for use starting with 1993 cents pennies...
Luxury Bedding Ireland, Articles OTHER